AIME scores at MIT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: AIME scores at MIT
By Link12 (Link12) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 09:39 pm: Edit

What is the average AIME score at MIT. What is the Median ,and what are the lowest scores? I feel, taking it my freshman year, I got 6 to 8 questions right. Is that enough for entrance?

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 10:18 pm: Edit

that alone won't get ya anywhere, and neither will posting the same topic twice

By Willothewisp (Willothewisp) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 12:02 am: Edit

There is very little that can get you in in and of itself. However, 6-8 as a freshman is very good, may get you to the USAMO this year, and may lead you to further honors, perhaps even MOSP if you do well on the USAMO in the next couple years. MOSP participants are more or less guaranteed to get in to MIT, but short of that, there's no such thing as "enough for entrance."

"Lowest scores"? I'm sure there are plenty of people at MIT who haven't taken the AIME at all. It's not some sort of required thing. No paranoia, please.

A 6 to 8 puts you in the top 50-100 freshmen. Please put yourself in perspective, this is already a huge achievement, and MIT couldn't possibly create a class of only the top AIME scorers.

Then again, this year's AIME seemed, at least to me, relatively easy. Who knows what a 6 is now?

In any case, since you're still a freshman, anything can change. I tell you this as someone who got a 1 freshman year, an 8 sophomore year, and yesterday, a 10.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page