Decisions online?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Duke University: 2004 Archive: Decisions online?
By Monkeyz (Monkeyz) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:46 pm: Edit

will decisions be posted online for Duke?

By Analogboy (Analogboy) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:26 pm: Edit

yea whats the deal with this? and when do we hear? someone an another thread said March 30th at 7pm, is this confirmed?

By Rudwo (Rudwo) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 08:33 pm: Edit

i heard that too /// late march

By Monkeyz (Monkeyz) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 09:21 pm: Edit

wait...so it WILL be posted online?

By Drooz (Drooz) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 09:57 pm: Edit

i never got a letter or any sort of confirmation after I sent in part two.... should i be worried?

By Rudwo (Rudwo) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 09:27 am: Edit

Drooz // you'd better call duke so that you get
your ID and check the application status
online /// In my case i got an email that said my app's complete; it also had my ID to check if there's something missing. /// don't be terrified though you don't hear any messages from Duke.
I also heard nothing from Columbia since I sent every necessary form to admissions office.

By Iska (Iska) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 09:53 am: Edit

Funny thing going on right now at Robertson Scholars weekend. Duke Robertson Scholars finalists looking down on UNC Robertson Scholars finalists. Standoffish DukeRob finalists don't know the joke's on them. >½ UNCRob finalists are either in or are earlywrites at Duke. Also a few UNCRob finalists already in at Harvard, Stanford, or Yale. What a shallow bunch of vacant elitist twerps - these DukeRob finalists. And they haven't even graduated high school. They are already Duke gods and godesses. Do I want to matriculate at the same school as idiots like these? I don't know. I think I'll just stick with HYP.

By Fftd (Fftd) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 12:02 pm: Edit

Dear ...,

I want to let you know that we will allow Regular Decision applicants (and Early Decision applicants whose admissions decision was deferred to Regular Decision) to Duke University to view their admissions decisions on-line beginning 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, March 30, 2004.

Christoph Guttentag
Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Duke University

By Iska (Iska) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 12:26 pm: Edit

"If you decide to check your decision online, we strongly encourage you to check your decision in the privacy of your own home, not at school. We believe your decision is a private matter, and for many reasons we have found it's best for applicants to be away from friends and classmates when they check their decisions."

Christoph Guttentag
Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Duke University

By Thejenerator (Thejenerator) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 04:20 pm: Edit

What ID do you have to login to check your decision? Is it the same one that you use to check the "My status" thing on the website? I mean I think I just use an email address to check that thing, so that wouldn't really make sense. I never got anything saying that I could check my status online...

By Clo18224 (Clo18224) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 04:26 pm: Edit

It just shows up as a button to check your decision

By Dlarrea (Dlarrea) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 04:36 pm: Edit

Can you guys find the link to where it says "Check My Status"? For some reason I don't see it.

By Rrg1234 (Rrg1234) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 06:44 pm: Edit

Is not getting the email a bad sign? I didnt get one before ED and got deferred.

By Bigtmushett (Bigtmushett) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 06:54 pm: Edit

Why don't they let you email them to find your access ID number like every other college? I can't find the letter for the life of me. Can someone tell me what it looks like?

By Bigtmushett (Bigtmushett) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 08:11 pm: Edit

By Zacchaeus86 (Zacchaeus86) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 09:42 pm: Edit

Not getting the e-mail is not a bad sign. I applied ED, did not receive the e-mail, and was accepted.

Best of luck to all of you!

By Rrg1234 (Rrg1234) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 10:40 pm: Edit

bigtmushett, the letter has duke written in a black rectangle at the top in white letters, and says "data verification correspondence" at the top. don't know if that will help at all, I dont understand why they won't email a pin either.

By Rudwo (Rudwo) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 10:40 pm: Edit

you need your ID number to create an account in which you can check your status /// and later when you re-sign in, you need only your email address and password you have chosen.

By Bigtmushett (Bigtmushett) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 05:51 pm: Edit

Thanks, Rrg, but it seems to be a lost cause. I'll just have to wait for the letter to arrive. I live in GA so it shouldn't take too long...

By Coland (Coland) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 07:45 pm: Edit

oh god...i never heard anything from Duke since i sent in my app!!....i never got an email confirmation or a pin number or anything...my friend got an email that says he can find out tonight at 7pm.....but he sent his application in online...i sent only a paper copy...what should i do?? should i be worried that i done even have a pin?? i dont even see a place on the duke website that asks for a personal pin number!...someone tell me some good news please.

By Coland (Coland) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 08:18 pm: Edit

wait never mind...he read it wrong and it is march 30th at 7:00 pm....but wtill...where on the site do any of you see a "my status" box??

By Coland (Coland) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 08:19 pm: Edit

wait never mind...he read it wrong and it is march 30th at 7:00 pm....but still...where on the site do any of you see a "my status"

By Rrg1234 (Rrg1234) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 08:35 pm: Edit

on the top bar, once you have logged in it shows up in red.

By Melissa27 (Melissa27) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 09:29 pm: Edit

I've never had any contact with them since I sent in my app either...wtf, I feel so rejected

By Shabadew (Shabadew) on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 01:08 pm: Edit

7 o'clock EST, or 7 o'clock in each respective time zone. ah!

By Memtigers86 (Memtigers86) on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 02:49 pm: Edit

Probably 7 EST... Did anyone apply to Engineering? I'm worried about that!

By Britt123 (Britt123) on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 03:40 pm: Edit

Ok guys, I applied early decision.. heres how it works. Its 7 pm EASTERN time.. it was 6 here (im from texas) you log into your name/password thing and then where it lists your "parts of the application" and when they were received, there is this big red box labled "decision letter" you click it, then it asks you to confirm if you are indeed that person. Then you simply click "yes" and it has the exact copy of the decision letter that is sent in the mail.. Good luck everyone! This will be my second time checking and Im so nervous (I was deferred ed) :) ONLY 2 MORE days!

By Bellevueteen (Bellevueteen) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 11:08 am: Edit

I can't find the place to enter my ID number. I registered already but didn't have it, and now I found it. It says it's supposed to be at the right hand side of the page, but I can't find it. Can anyone help me?

By Tenniscassieo (Tenniscassieo) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 03:08 pm: Edit

haha oh i will get rejected i bet

By Karen182 (Karen182) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 02:35 pm: Edit

Memtigers, I applied engineering...I'm kinda second guessing myself there, and wishing I had applied to the regular school. :-\

Oh well. Here goes nothing.

By 4grl (4grl) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 03:06 pm: Edit

Hmm when I log in it doesnt have anything for my status! I'm @ the site where it says academic life, student life, admissions & aid, etc... on the top it says Not Sarah? and Counselors & Parents lol... my stuff never works for decisions

By Plastidcells (Plastidcells) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:37 pm: Edit

Help me please! I can't find a "my status" page. The thing is i made my account before i sent in my app (i sent it in my mail). So when i registered i didn't use any id code. but now sinc ei'm already registered i can't just add in the code. and i can't make another account because my old account is already using my email. so could someone give me a direct link to the "my status" page or wherever we get our decisions?
Thanks

By 4grl (4grl) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:42 pm: Edit

yeah me too! lol i need the same help! :)

By Elfie15 (Elfie15) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:43 pm: Edit

http://www.admissions.duke.edu/status/status.asp

By Omniv2004 (Omniv2004) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:48 pm: Edit

I just called the office and they said that they will not post decisions until tomorrow.

By Yayoflippa (Yayoflippa) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:50 pm: Edit

are you serious

By 4grl (4grl) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:51 pm: Edit

What do I put for access code?

By Plastidcells (Plastidcells) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:55 pm: Edit

OMG thank you Elfie15!
I had JUST e-mailed duke asking for help. And now I check back I guess I didn't need to...

4grl:
The access code is on the letter confirming that you sent your app

By 4grl (4grl) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 04:58 pm: Edit

thanks so much!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page