REJECTED!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: REJECTED!!!
By Qwerasdf (Qwerasdf) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:42 pm: Edit

Hey, party here guys =). We should be as good buddies as those accepted pals are.

By Knightmare (Knightmare) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 10:44 pm: Edit

Well I haven't received my rejection letter yet, but I'm sure it will come. So I think I'll hang out in this thread!

How's it going guys?

By Webhappy2 (Webhappy2) on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 11:14 pm: Edit

Caltech 2008

Or: Harvard 2008 (if I get in)
Or: Stanford 2008 (if I find a reason by May 1st to prefer this school and if I get in also)

By Bellevueteen (Bellevueteen) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 01:06 am: Edit

0/6 at my school. Should humble that administration.

By Mical (Mical) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 11:15 am: Edit

Caltech 2008! Thank god I got that EA acceptance. Totally took away all the dissappointment I had yesterday. :)

By Gottagetout (Gottagetout) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 01:15 pm: Edit

Oh boy. Another year of mind-numbingly retarded high school.

By Webhappy2 (Webhappy2) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 05:51 pm: Edit

Hey Mical, what's your major?

By Killersnowgoon (Killersnowgoon) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 06:30 pm: Edit

Woo!! rejected unity!!!

Dear MIT,
I'm sorry that I didnt have time for varsity sports while I won state and national science/engineering competitions and making a difference in my community with my Eagle Scout service project. But I would have played club sports at your school if athletics is all that matters to you. Really. Scouts' honor. Meh. You're loss.

Where did everyone here apply to?
I'm still waiting to hear from Tufts, Johns Hopkins, PENN, Cornell, and BU. I got into Rensselaer with the medal and URI with a full scholarship.

Knightmare- have you got a letter yet?

By Pakitexan (Pakitexan) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 07:02 pm: Edit

wuttup guys

yea MIT for a student applying as a pakistani citizen whose lived in the US almost his whole(thus precluding him from winning those national pakistani awards)... anyhow who gives. stuff usually works out at the end anyhow and i got in wash u and cornell and all my freinds from school are going to UT where ill prolly get into a real good honors program so ya n there is april 1 around the corner... lots of choices.

but anyhow just a poll

Does knowing that you'll probably be rejected ease the blow?

I vote yes

By Killersnowgoon (Killersnowgoon) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 07:09 pm: Edit

I vote yes - I felt schitzo the days before I got my letter - one moment I was thinking I could get in and the next I would feel like I had to get rejected. I'm much happier knowing.

By Mical (Mical) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 07:10 pm: Edit

Probably physics (like every other Caltech applicant) so Caltech should be more than adequate.

By Dzleprechaun (Dzleprechaun) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 06:06 pm: Edit

Yea, it does make it easier if your expectations are low to begin with. I figured i could sneak in the humanities route since that's what I want to do anyway, and I probably would have gotten in that way but my math scores were comparitively crappy (700 SATI) and you have to demonstrate to them that you can handle the math/science load even if you're going to be majoring in something totally inrelated like political science soo...

By Amylase (Amylase) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 11:34 pm: Edit

ok, now i received the official rejection from MIT.

By Pakitexan (Pakitexan) on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 01:58 am: Edit

yea... haha its funny how theres not much to talk about now that were rejected.

in the words of a wise man: but what can u do?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page