2 DAYS LEFT!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: 2 DAYS LEFT!!
By The_One (The_One) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 01:30 pm: Edit

2 DAYS LEFT!!

By Bobthebuilder (Bobthebuilder) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:01 pm: Edit

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Felt you needed some more emphasis.

By Midwestguy (Midwestguy) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:04 pm: Edit

Did anyone on the east coast receive anything yet?

By Stupidfool (Stupidfool) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 03:26 pm: Edit

Yeah. Rejection here.

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 04:00 pm: Edit

ah crap, im sorry person above, makes me feel like im bashing you if i use your username. so acceptances and rejections are rushed or what?

By Killersnowgoon (Killersnowgoon) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 04:01 pm: Edit

Nothin in Rhode Island.

By Chardonnay (Chardonnay) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 04:03 pm: Edit

i'll post here since that 3 days thread should die now, it's outdated. anyone near cambridge get accepted today? i'm still wondering if acceptance=longer wait due to bigger envelopes.

By Residentevil (Residentevil) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 04:03 pm: Edit

Yeah, nothing in Rhode Island yet.

By Synikaux (Synikaux) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 04:09 pm: Edit

i live like 10 minutes driving away and i didn't get mine :(

By Chardonnay (Chardonnay) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 04:13 pm: Edit

maybe that's a good sign, since it seems that mostly rejections are coming out today ...

By Vsage3 (Vsage3) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 04:14 pm: Edit

Nothing in FL (not like that would be possible, but w/e)

By Fftd (Fftd) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 04:36 pm: Edit

I clicked on the link
http://web.mit.edu/admissions/inside/features/index.html, it automatically went to a page with "Congratulations Class of 2008" without asking for Login. From that page, I could go to "your class 2008", "why MIT", "experience MIT", "financial aid", "parents", "next steps", etc. Can these pages be accessed by the public or just for admitted students since it does not ask for MIT ID# or Name?

By Sunflower189 (Sunflower189) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 04:49 pm: Edit

That's general public. I tried it on my mom's comp.

Although they still had the CPW registration up as of ~9 pm EST, which requires MIT ID...don't know if its letting you register means anything though.

PS: Nothing in VA.

By Stupidfool (Stupidfool) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 05:09 pm: Edit

Mitwannabe, don't hesitate to call me by my username. I chose it, remember. I don't think they rushed it. I just happen to live within 20 miles of Cambridge. I have heard of acceptances coming today, by the way.

By Zzii (Zzii) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 05:10 pm: Edit

Nothing on L.I. but based on the login-page events of yesterday I'm not expecting an acceptance.

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 08:11 pm: Edit

I don't think we should speculate on people being accepted/rejected based on that login thing. We don't know if it really means anything. Anyway, most of you guys should receive the snail mail on Monday, if not, then Tuesday, so good luck and all that.

By Midwestguy (Midwestguy) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 08:38 pm: Edit

As for the people who received acceptances/rejections in the mail today, it has so far conformed to the log-in test of yesterday. Not that I am 100% sure the log-in test, but I would give it quite a bit of merit. We'll see on Monday!

By Vsage3 (Vsage3) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 08:47 pm: Edit

Midwestguy: See beaver08's post in another thread. He was accepted EA and couldn't login, whereas a person I know who was accepted EA was able to login (unless I misread his post)

By Chardonnay (Chardonnay) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 08:57 pm: Edit

considering that only one person who couldn't log in was rejected, i wouldn't say that the log-in test has any merit (unless you know other ppl who've logged in and were accepted, or vice versa)

By 08beaver (08beaver) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 10:26 pm: Edit

Vsage3, I said on the other thread that I could not log in, but I also said that I wasn't paying attention to the discussion very closely either. I went back and read it and apparently I checked my status after MIT disabled status page. (There was a point in the discussion where no one could log on anymore, even those who had been able to log on before that point.) I assume that had I checked earlier in the evening I would have been able to log on.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

By Vsage3 (Vsage3) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 10:33 pm: Edit

Ah, I was hoping that wasn't what you meant

By Brianso (Brianso) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 10:57 pm: Edit

beaver,

you said "There was a point in the discussion where no one could log on anymore, even those who had been able to log on before that point." could you please tell me roughly the time that it happened? thanks so much. cc is getting addicting again LOL

By 08beaver (08beaver) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 11:02 pm: Edit

I don't remember but you can look for yourself. It's on the "3 MORE DAYS" thread I believe. Just start reading. People will be saying stuff about being able to log in to the ATS site with their MIT ID and last name. Then the posts start to say stuff like, "They caught on to us." That is the point where no one is able to log on anymore. I checked mine after that point. I don't know what good it would do you now though.

Also, since I was late I don't exactly know what they saw. When I try to access the ATS site I get some message saying "You can no longer update your application...decisions will be sent on...".

By Cooldude (Cooldude) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 11:27 pm: Edit

acoording to the link posted above there are 20 Micheals in the class of 2008, and there are 2-3 home schooled students, that means Ishan is in

By Driven (Driven) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 11:32 pm: Edit

hold up, u saying some ppl cannot get into this part of the website??

By The_One (The_One) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 11:38 pm: Edit

Does it mean anything if you can register for CPW with your MID ID# ?

By H0peful (H0peful) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 12:01 am: Edit

Sunflower, u got 42 on the MCAT? Dang...Since you are obviously going to get into MIT did u apply to other places also?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page