I GOT IN !!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: I GOT IN !!!!
By 31415 (31415) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 10:29 am: Edit

...while dreaming! Yes, I dreamed yesterday this:

"
A post officer came and gave me a fat envelope. The envelope was full of papers (at least 20). I opened it, removed one paper and start reading. Then I removed and read the second, then the third, and finally I read all the papers. However, the text written was very ambiguous and I didn't find anything concrete... Nothing similar to "WE'RE DELIGHTED TO OFFER..." or "WE'RE SORRY TO TELL YOU..."

What the hell is this? - I asked myself. I was very angry and I soon decided to throw away the "empty" envelope. However, a moment before throwing I noticed that there remained one, the last paper in the envelope. I quickly read it... The text was "WE'RE DELIGHTED TO OFFER..."

Now comes the strangest part: I've immediately become very, infinitely excited, BUT JUST FOR A SECOND. After "this second", I calmed down as nothing has happened!

Then the dream became "full of fog" and unrelated to this event. There was a furnace, then my mother... I can't remember anything else.
"

Strange dream, isn't it? Anyone knows whether WAITLISTED envelopes are fat or thin? My interpretation of this dream is that I'll probably be waitlited.

By The_One (The_One) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 02:15 pm: Edit

I had a dream two days ago, in the dream I found out that I was rejected and I was not sad at all.
My interpretation of my dream was that I should calm down a bit and not think about getting rejected.

By 31337 (31337) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 02:24 pm: Edit

Bro, just believe in God and yourself. Let the things happen for you and for everybody else :)

By Chardonnay (Chardonnay) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 05:48 pm: Edit

weird, i had a dream about mit too. there was this fat envelope from mit with a congrats on the cover, but upon closer examination, it was for the maryland institute of technology and i was like "what? does this school exist? i didn't apply" i then woke up, very confused. anyone believe in dream omens?

By The_One (The_One) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 06:33 pm: Edit

I hope that my dream is not ture, because I don't want to be rejected.

By Atpchik (Atpchik) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 07:35 pm: Edit

You guys are soooo hilarious!!!!

By Amilee04 (Amilee04) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 09:52 pm: Edit

I had a dream that I did something wrong on my application that would absolutely, positively get me rejected, so I walked to Massachusetts (from Wisconsin) in a day and demanded to see the dean....upon which I was chased by security for a couple hours until they finally listened to my story. They told me I could see the dean for just a minute, because the dean is a very busy person. So they usher me to a room, and Howard Dean pops out and yells "arghhhh" at me.

Anyone want to interpret that?

By Mrowry (Mrowry) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 10:45 pm: Edit

Hahahahahahaha!!

For the record, the week before I got my package, I had recurring nightmares of rejection. And I had flashbacks of those nightmares while daydreaming. It was pretty scary, and trying on my stomach.

By Dumplings (Dumplings) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 10:52 pm: Edit

i agree with Mrowry! Definitely not fun when your stomach churns day in and day out for a week.

By Vsage3 (Vsage3) on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 11:14 pm: Edit

I haven't had any dreams that related to MIT. Perhaps it is indicative of my true feelings toward MIT.

By The_One (The_One) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 01:50 am: Edit

Does anyone here knows how to interpret dreams ?

By Welshie (Welshie) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 02:40 am: Edit

Anyone else getting strange feelings of "Joseph and the Technicolored Dreamcoat," here?

-Jesse

By Melon (Melon) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 07:35 pm: Edit

puahahha! (sorry! these dreams are pretty amusing) I didn't have any dreams about admissions decisions--but every day in dec, I called home at 12 and rushed home to check mail as soon as school was out. Once, i saw a big envelope and almost had a heart attack, but it turned out to be some kind of application from princeton (in the middle of december, geez...). Finally, I was fed up (and like other people, i had a huge stomachache from week-long anxiety) and stayed home on the day decisions came in. =)

By May_1 (May_1) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 01:43 am: Edit

Wow, I guess I'm in the minority here. I've come to accept that I've already been rejected (seriously, this is different from the "mental preparation" I've done for my upcoming Stanford rejection) and I've moved on. It's weird, but MIT is no longer that place I absolutely, positively M-U-S-T get into.

Weird.

And refreshing.

By Mrowry (Mrowry) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 03:49 pm: Edit

Would that enhance or moderate the ecstasy following acceptance?

By Vsage3 (Vsage3) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 04:56 pm: Edit

I feel similarly to may 1. I will feel hardly anything if I get accepted. No happiness there, maybe relief.

By Amilee04 (Amilee04) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 09:41 pm: Edit

I'll be really happy if I get in. I think MIT is a really good place for me. Otherwise it is off to UW-Madison...

(kicks self for not applying to more schools)

By Vsage3 (Vsage3) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

I feel you on that one. I really should have applied to a school that was in between MIT and gatech.. I'm pretty much stuck going to the latter of those two without an MIT acceptance.

By Escabatum_Rip (Escabatum_Rip) on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 10:30 pm: Edit

Interesting dream I had about admissions - around ED time, I dreamt first that I got the package that people had been describing in the mail and I opened it up and it said I got in and I was really happy and freaking out, and then IN MY DREAM I "woke up" and thought, "aww, it was only a dream..." then my mom came into the room and told me that I got into MIT, and thought "*gasp* It WASN'T a dream!"

Then I woke up for real. And was quite disappointed. Ended up deferred anyhow. What sucked was that it arrived the same day as another large envelope so I was watching the mail person and was like "Ohgosh! I hope that's the package."

Whatever though, good luck to everyone. Hope we all make it

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 12:19 pm: Edit

So you had a dream about having a dream?

By Rageagnstessays (Rageagnstessays) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 03:11 pm: Edit

"Does anyone here knows how to interpret dreams ?"

maybe you should read Sigmund Freud's "Interpretation of Dreams"...though I doubt there's anything in there about MIT...

By Openthought (Openthought) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 04:15 pm: Edit

No there won't be anything about MIT, but you will learn about infant sexuality, and how your dreams involving trees are really about the penial organ. Maybe dreams about MIT are indicative of a need for affirmation of one's intelligence, a lack of self-confidence due to some traumatic incident during infancy (at least that's what a psychoanalyst might say).

You should be able to figure out your own dreams without doing coke like Freud. Check out his essay titles "Uber Coca."

By Amilee04 (Amilee04) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 05:55 pm: Edit

Or maybe they are due to waiting for a long time and just wanting to know.

By Rageagnstessays (Rageagnstessays) on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 09:07 pm: Edit

don't forget castration theory...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page