|By Usna_Reject (Usna_Reject) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 04:28 pm: Edit|
What kind of things to plebes have to do that suck? besides the menus
|By Jadler03 (Jadler03) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 06:26 pm: Edit|
Plebe's must read "Reef Points" AKA the Plebe's bible. For some information on rates and reef points, go here. It gives you a good idea on what tasks plebes must complete. I guess this would your answer on "what things suck."
|By Usna_Reject (Usna_Reject) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 06:44 pm: Edit|
|By Jadler03 (Jadler03) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 09:30 pm: Edit|
If you want to make plebe summer/indoc. easier (at least from my prespective), I recommend the following:
a) Go in with a positive attitude!
b) All of the requirements are for a future purpose, know that and understand that!
c) If you get screamed at, which will likely be the case, don't think it is personal!
d) If you get screamed at, look at it as a way that you will become a better person! There is a reason they are screaming at you. Look at the upperclassmen (detailers) as leaders, not just people screaming at you!
e) Help your fellow shipmates and visa versa. Team work is an important component in any military branch, nonetheless in life.
If you do/understand these things, getting through plebe summer or indoc. should be more of a smooth ride.
Good luck at NAPS.
|By Diane_242 (Diane_242) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 03:09 pm: Edit|
Usna_(non)reject: First, congratualations on the NAPS appointment!
For more information on what things plebes do that "suck" be sure to read "The Naval Academy Candidate Handbook: How to Prepare, How to Get In, How to Survive" if you haven't already. You can get it through Amazon. Also, the USNA Parent's site has great information (written for parents, but its a great description of what the mids go through). Check out the parents online handbook at: http://www.usna-parents.org/resources/
|By Usna_Reject (Usna_Reject) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 06:09 pm: Edit|
Yeah Jordan, I went to sea cadet book camp and I know the basics.
Thanks Diane, what's up with you guys putting sucks in quotes.
|By Bkozy (Bkozy) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 08:03 pm: Edit|
I'm sure they're just questioning your word choice, nothing more, ha.
|By Usna_Reject (Usna_Reject) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 10:50 pm: Edit|
Heh, I understand, but it's not too far from the truth right? ;)
|By Lyles (Lyles) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 09:00 pm: Edit|
Traditions Let me tell you this:
I went on my recruiting trip for swimming during the first week of December ie ARMY/NAVY Week. The most fun any of us are going to have next year is going to be then.
FUN THINGS THAT I GOT TO DO WITH THE PLEBES:
1. Carrier Landings= Flood the hallways and use your rubber bed matrice to slide down the hallway (This was awesome)
2. THE Running of the PLEBES= All plebes get dress in underwear and boots and run around Herndon Monument at Midnight in the Freezing (Cold)
3. Wild Man = Dumping of a pitcher of soda, water, milkshake onto an upperclassmen then racing back to your room before they can catch you (Extremely Dangerous if you get the wrong upperclassmen)
4. Assasination= During meal you crawl underneath the table and spray ketchup onto the shoes of the upperclassmen then stand and point your fingers in the form of a gun and say bang. (Very Funny)
5. Beat Army= A concoction of the condements on the table all mixed into a glass by the upperclassmen and given to a plebe so that he can show his or her devotion to beating army by standing on the table in front of the entire Brigade and downing the contents(Disgusting but lots of fun)
6. Taking a shaving cream bottle and crawling from another plebes room through the ventalation over the top of an upperclassmen's room, then puncturing a hole into the bottle and throwing it loke a gernade into the room below (shaving cream bottles are pressurized causing lots of cream everywhere)
7. Filling a dumpster with water and leaning it up against a female plebe's door, then when the unexpecting female opens her door she has a floor full of water to clean up. (only do this to someone who you know will forgive you)
These are just a few that I saw and participated in during my weekend at USNA. I hope you all don't look at all the negative sides of PLebe year because we always get to look forward to these great times.
-John Class of 2008
|By Usna08 (Usna08) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 06:35 pm: Edit|
you actually witnessed all these! how cool!
When I went back for the Candidate Visit Weekend, we watch the Army/Navy basketball game (men's and women's), I watched drunk upperclassman play football in the hallway, and about 10 people crowded into my mid's room to watch Old School. GOOD TIMES. haha
|By Truthguy (Truthguy) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 07:26 pm: Edit|
John some of that stuff your talking about doesnt go on. No more carrier landings, none of that dumpster stuff, i dont know who told you about crawling in the ac vents, but that can possibly happen. And you missed a couple ofthe best ones here.
|By Lyles (Lyles) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 12:16 am: Edit|
I knew that the carrier landings were shady business, in fact we had to go and mop the floors after we finished. Later during the night some of the deushbag upperclassmen came around and started frying people on the spot for it. I actually did see the dumpster and ac vent thing happen. I forget what company I was staying with on my visit but they were pretty crazy.
Which ones did I miss??
|By Jerseygrl313 (Jerseygrl313) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 10:12 pm: Edit|
what traditions did lyles miss?
|By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 12:15 am: Edit|
These mids haven't shown up in a while. They're very busy:/
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|