Actually a member of the Class 2008

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: Actually a member of the Class 2008
By Editho13 (Editho13) on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 10:41 am: Edit

I just got in, the first in Puerto Rico. I emailed an associate of admissions last night and just reply me:

I'm sorry that you haven't received your letter - you're certainly not the only one. There have been some slow downs with postal mail, probably because of Christmas being so near and all those packages being sent.

In lieu of your decision letter, here goes... CONGRATULATIONS! You have been admitted for the Class of 2008. You are an amazing student and person. I'm so very happy for you and hope to see you here next fall.

Check out our admitted student web site at http://web.mit.edu/admissions/inside and keep your eyes out for your formal admission packet.

Congratulations, again. Have a wonderful weekend and celebration with your friends and family. Please tell other students you know that they can call our office for decisions over the phone. The number here is 617-258-5515.

Have a wonderful holiday and happy new year. Stay in touch.

By Dimples247 (Dimples247) on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 10:46 am: Edit

Way to go Editho! That's a really nice email they sent you. I still can't decide whether or not to call- I'm too much of a wimp.

By Deusexmachaera (Deusexmachaera) on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 10:49 am: Edit

Someone call so I can know if should call:D

By Editho13 (Editho13) on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 10:50 am: Edit

Dimple w'll probably be calssmates, don't be a wimp, call and find out. Let the wimping for graduate school, after MIT.

By Dimdima13 (Dimdima13) on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 01:03 am: Edit

Hey Editho, are you friends with Peter G. from MA?... he was telling me about a friend he knows from PR who got in.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page