Interview

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: Interview
By Hooah (Hooah) on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 07:15 pm: Edit

I sent in Part 1 last week, but I still haven't received an EC number by email, and today is the deadline to contact the EC's to set up an appointment. I can't get through to the admissions department.

By Wintermute (Wintermute) on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 08:24 pm: Edit

IDK what to tell you...maybe they'll waive it since they didn't send you a number.

By Gottagetout (Gottagetout) on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 08:47 pm: Edit

I started the app process late too. I emailed the admissions office asking for my EC's info because I was afraid of the time delay of the mail. Maybe you should email them? They have a web form email thingy that seemed to work well. I dunno if they answer it this late though.

Sorry,

GottaGetOut

By Tout (Tout) on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 08:47 pm: Edit

Last week was cutting it a bit close. I don't think you get it from email, because I got a letter mailed to me that gave me all the information I needed, including access to MIT's online processing system. If you live in some remote place, then don't worry about it, there is probably no EC in your area. Otherwise, the mail might be taking a while.

Is your Part 1 confirmed yet?

By Hooah (Hooah) on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 10:47 pm: Edit

yea, It's been confirmed

By Samueladams (Samueladams) on Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 07:22 pm: Edit

••••, I didn't even know there was an early deadline for interview requests, I just assumed it would all occur once the application is sent in on January first, does this mean I definately can't have an interview now, I haven't even sent in my part 1, I just started owrking on their app.

By Webhappy2 (Webhappy2) on Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 01:59 am: Edit

Is MIT the only school to have an early interview deadline like this? It seems CMU, Harvard, and Princeton all have interviews after the app deadline.

By Samueladams (Samueladams) on Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 10:27 am: Edit

Yeah, basically everyone else has the jan 1st deadline, and interviews come after that, MIt is really odd, I wish I had looked at their application earlier.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page