STATS for people applying to MIT- Compare yourself with many

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: STATS for people applying to MIT- Compare yourself with many
By Kamil (Kamil) on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 10:53 am: Edit

Here we go.............

By Jimjunior (Jimjunior) on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 04:18 pm: Edit

800M
720V
230PSAT

4.0 uw 1/180

AMC scores: 126, 140.5, 139.5
AIME scores: 4, 6, 7

3 varsity sports, captain of two
member of Mock trial, 6th in United States

By Killersnowgoon (Killersnowgoon) on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 06:27 pm: Edit

GPA: 4.79 (weighted, A+ in all Honors/AP = 5.3, CP Band brings it down considerably)

Sat I: 770V / 780M

SAT II: Writing 700
Math IIc 720
Physics 720
(planning on taking at least Math IIc over again. I was surprised I did that well on physics as my teacher "taught" less than half of the material that was on it. But, I'm taking Physics II senior year and I might pick up enough to score a little better)

EC's: Science Olympiad - since 9th grade - Over the past 3 years I have won 4 gold, 3 silver and 1 bronze medal at the state level - Team finished first in the state (RI) in 9th grade - went to Colorado Springs to compete in the nationals

Math Team - Since 10th grade - participated in the 2002 WPI math meet - Team high scorer 2002-2003

Math tutoring - since 10th grade

Concert Band - 9th - 11th grade (played the clarinet since 4th grade)

Marching Band - since 9th grade

National Ocean Science Bowl - since 11th grade - 1st in state - went to nationals in La Jolla - Won 1st in the nation

Chemistry Olympiad - 10th grade - 2nd in state

JETS TEAMS - since 11th grade - first in state: 2003

Science Bowl - 12th grade (would have participated in 11th grade, but Ocean Science Bowl was on the same day)

Awards/Misc:
National Honors Society
Spanish Honors Society
Eagle Scout
Recipient of Rensaeleer (sp?) Medal for highest math/science average in school

And as always good recs/essays and doing my best at the interview

I'm also planning on applying to Cornell, UPENN, Johns Hopkins, Tufts, Rensaeleer, BU as a safety, and URI as an ultimate safety (99.9% chance of getting a free ride there)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page