STATS for people applying to MIT- Compare yourself with many

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Individual Schools: US News Top 25: Massachusetts Institute of Technology: 2004 Archive: STATS for people applying to MIT- Compare yourself with many
By Kamil (Kamil) on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 10:53 am: Edit

Here we go.............

By Jimjunior (Jimjunior) on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 04:18 pm: Edit

4.0 uw 1/180

AMC scores: 126, 140.5, 139.5
AIME scores: 4, 6, 7

3 varsity sports, captain of two
member of Mock trial, 6th in United States

By Killersnowgoon (Killersnowgoon) on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 06:27 pm: Edit

GPA: 4.79 (weighted, A+ in all Honors/AP = 5.3, CP Band brings it down considerably)

Sat I: 770V / 780M

SAT II: Writing 700
Math IIc 720
Physics 720
(planning on taking at least Math IIc over again. I was surprised I did that well on physics as my teacher "taught" less than half of the material that was on it. But, I'm taking Physics II senior year and I might pick up enough to score a little better)

EC's: Science Olympiad - since 9th grade - Over the past 3 years I have won 4 gold, 3 silver and 1 bronze medal at the state level - Team finished first in the state (RI) in 9th grade - went to Colorado Springs to compete in the nationals

Math Team - Since 10th grade - participated in the 2002 WPI math meet - Team high scorer 2002-2003

Math tutoring - since 10th grade

Concert Band - 9th - 11th grade (played the clarinet since 4th grade)

Marching Band - since 9th grade

National Ocean Science Bowl - since 11th grade - 1st in state - went to nationals in La Jolla - Won 1st in the nation

Chemistry Olympiad - 10th grade - 2nd in state

JETS TEAMS - since 11th grade - first in state: 2003

Science Bowl - 12th grade (would have participated in 11th grade, but Ocean Science Bowl was on the same day)

National Honors Society
Spanish Honors Society
Eagle Scout
Recipient of Rensaeleer (sp?) Medal for highest math/science average in school

And as always good recs/essays and doing my best at the interview

I'm also planning on applying to Cornell, UPENN, Johns Hopkins, Tufts, Rensaeleer, BU as a safety, and URI as an ultimate safety (99.9% chance of getting a free ride there)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page