|By Locusphanamus (Locusphanamus) on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 05:02 pm: Edit|
Sorry, but I think I posted this original conversation in the wrong forum so I'll post it here.
Hi! My name is Loc Phan and I am currently a senior at Cranston High School West (public high school). As most of you may know these are some of the most stressful months of your life as the college application process continues. I am an Asian (Vietnamese) male and was wondering what my chances at a URI Centennial Scholarship are.
Here are my stats:
- 4.62 GPA/Weighted
- Ranked either 4,5, or 6 in a class of approximately 450 students
- SAT I 720 Math 570 Verbal (English is my second language & planning to take it again in November)
- SAT IIs: Math IIC 690 Writing 620 (planning to take again in October)
- I have taken the most challenging courses at my high school (all Honors & AP) maintaining at least a B or better in all of them & the thing that might hurt me is the fact that my high school does not offer that many AP classes
- Rhode Island Math League 4 yrs (2nd place at State Playoffs as part of a team effort)
- Science Olympiad 4 yrs (cumulated a total of 6 medals so far 2 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze)
- Math Peer Tutoring 2 yrs
- Art Workshop 3 yrs
- Volunteer at Louis Feinstein Alzheimer's Center every Saturday
- National Honor Society Inductee
- Spanish Honor Society Inductee
- Scholastic Art Award Nominee
- Congressman Jim Langevin Art Contest Honorable Mention
- Won Award for Outstanding Student in Math, Spanish, & Art in 9th & 10th grades
That is all that I can think of for right now. Please let me know what you think my chances are and I am open to any suggestions regarding other colleges that you think I should apply to. I am also considering Univeristy of Hartford and Rhode Island School of Design (MIT is a super super reach school for me so I don't think I'll apply there). Thanks!
|By Locusphanamus (Locusphanamus) on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 09:44 am: Edit|
Someone please give me some feedback, PRETTY PLEASE???
|By Locusphanamus (Locusphanamus) on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 10:26 pm: Edit|
anybody at all? i'm really desperate
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|