|By Perfectdark9 (Perfectdark9) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 05:31 am: Edit|
SAT: 720 V ; 750 M (retake in Nov to bring up the math score)
SAT2: 800 chem; 790 phys ; 790 math 1c; writing and math 2c in Oct
GPA: 4.0 (on account of straight A's; otherwise we don't have a GPA)
GCSE's: 9A's; Topped in Pakistan (whole country, among 100 000+ candidates) with 9A's
Top Candidate from my school, Aitchison College.
Top Candidate in Pakistan Studies from my school.
EC's: (the best one's; i'm omitting the minor ones)
1. Publised poet (book got published FINALLY! yay!)
2. Worked with an agricultural biotech centre; intro to biotech + lab. work (my major is going to be Bio/Biochem/Biomed engr)
3. Currently working with the molecular biology dept. of a renowned (national) univerisity.
4. Working on a sort of a research paper on biological control systems with another student from the best tech college in Pakistan; I'm going to be the "co-author".
5. Journalism: ediotor of college magazine + have had articles published in English dailies.
6. Social Work/Internship: Worked with a school for deaf kids; worked with a guy from TIN (trade information network), operating under United Nations.
That's about it. I'll be sure to get great recs + essays.
And while you're at it, I would really appreciate it if you tell me how my chances for MIT are as well.
|By Jamimom (Jamimom) on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 07:43 am: Edit|
You are in the running like most of the HPY applicants is all anyone can say. Many applicants have similar resumes and the quality of some of those ECs may come into strong play. Both schools are lottery tickets as we like to say, so make sure you apply to some schools that are not as selective as well.
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|