? about Average Student BUT HAVE TAKEN 4 AP's

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: August 2004 Archive: ? about Average Student BUT HAVE TAKEN 4 AP's
By Blindedzeppelin (Blindedzeppelin) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 12:22 am: Edit

This is what I have so far, Iím a senior. Do you know of any relatively good colleges or universities that I might get accepted to?

Grade: 12
SAT Score: 1080 (Iíve taken a class this summer and Iím taking it like 3 more times)
GPA: 3.0
Class Rank: unknown(but I know not that great) out of 300
AP Courses: US History-got a 3, Art Studio- got a 1, Statistics- taking this year, and Art History- taking this year
Extra Curricular:
Class Secretary(12)
Speech and Debate(11,12)- 285 points, 5th degree
National Art Honor Society(10,11,12)
Discipline Council(9)
Pep Club(10,11,12)
Over 50 hours community service
***There's more but can't think of any more right now***

By Kousuke (Kousuke) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 12:47 am: Edit

National Art Honor Society(10,11,12)
Art Studio- got a 1

how'd this happen?

By Annak721 (Annak721) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 08:09 am: Edit

don't sell yourself on the four aps since you didnt do all that well on the exams (unless there was a good reason for the low scores, which you should then explain to the colleges). I mean will have taken 6 aps...with two 4s(US History and Bio) and one 5(Chem) so far. So that 1 will hurt you compared to other students and that 3 is fair.
I cant tell you what colleges to look at because you really dont have enough information listed nor do you have a prospective major listed or where you want the college/university.

By Annak721 (Annak721) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 08:11 am: Edit

whoops typo...*I mean I will have taken 6 aps...*

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page