Physics - 790

Math 30 (Alberta equivilence of all u need for high school math) - 97%
Math 31 (Calculus - derivatives etc) - 100%
Physics 30 (93%)
I'm not done my other subjects yet

SL IB math - 7
SL IB physics - 6

ECS
-part of the school representation in Sir Wilfred Laurier Stock market competition twice. (I was national 7th the 1st time but didnt buy enough bond, so i got disqualified... not that they care...)(2nd time my stocks plunged 12$$ on the 3rd last day, and i was national 12th...)
- Badminton club (city second in 8th grade)
- Peer tutor
- Year book club (editor)
- Blue belt in Northern Shaolin Style martial arts (should i sent them a video of a set i learned?)
- Volunteer at Canadian blood services and YMCA (coordinated some program for the kids)

Also got a couple of awards through out the years
top 25% in nation math contest every year, top 15% in U of Toronto's Physics contest.

Thats pretty much it...
Any input will be appreciated, thnx

By Ralkas (Ralkas) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 12:03 pm: Edit

you have a good shot for Cornell hotel school

By Celebrian23 (Celebrian23) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 03:52 pm: Edit

your chances are okay, but cornell likes people with prior experience

By Chezo (Chezo) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 11:55 pm: Edit

Pror experiences in hotel?

I have customer service experience at the Blood bank (cafeteria) and Calgary Stampede (taxi drop off, which only drunks use)

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 12:44 am: Edit

What stock market competition was it that you placed 12th in?

By Chezo (Chezo) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 12:50 am: Edit

its by Sir Wilfred Laurier University
and you are mistaken, i did not place 12, i placed 250+ because my stocks plunged *sniff*

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 01:00 am: Edit

Why weren't you protecting your money on the 3rd to last day my friend? LOL only kidding. How'd your money plunge? what stocks specifically.

By Chezo (Chezo) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 01:22 am: Edit

I was national 12th, and only $700 lower than the 10th guy, so i thought I might have a chance to get 10 +. I think it was SWG on TSX, it fletuates alot, a 4% drop or increase in a day is common. I was able to time my purchase and sales pretty well. Then their quater predictions came out and it drop $12, which is like a 20% plunge.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page