Chances at Bryn Mawr College?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: August 2004 Archive: Chances at Bryn Mawr College?
By Orangeslippers (Orangeslippers) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 01:14 am: Edit

I was wondering if someone could guess what my chances would be for getting in ED at BMC.

Stats:

SAT I: 1340, 600 m., 740 v.
SAT II: 740 Writing, 720 Lit., and I'm taking the third one this October
ACT: 27

GPA: 3.899, on or about -- top 5% of my class.

I've taken the absolute hardest course load offered at my school, including APs, and I've always been in Gifted and Talented English.

I have more than enough credits, and I've taken summer school the past three years, this last one spent at a local community college taking Philsophy 101 (which I got an A in). I'll be taking another college class this fall.

Extra curricula and such:
-Extensive involvement with German Club the first two years of HS, served as President elect until my schedule took me out of the class.
-Lots of involvement in French Club, these last two years. I'll be running for office this fall.
-Hydroponics Club, all throughout HS
-Founder of the Agricultural Club, and President
-NHS
-Photography Club, 1-2 years, depending on what my schedule is this year. If I'm in the class, I can run for office.

-Volunteered in an elementary school, have around 100 hours of service there. Tutored kids, worked in the library, etc.
-Volunteered in a nursing home this summer
-Counselor's aide, 50 hours of service in the wee hours before school started. I did it on my own time, of my own volition.
-Worked in a on-campus store without pay or credit, for appx. 120 hours.

I have a few academic awards, some great reccomendations, and a few solid instances of leadership (teaching class for a teacher who didn't have the time, which she is willing to sign off on, etc). I feel confident about my essay.

I've set up an alumna interview, but I can't visit the college because the plane fare would be insane. Incredibly insane. I'm really in love with Byrn Mawr, and I'm hoping they'll see that in the interview.

So, please, if you have the time, could you tell me what you think my chances are for Early Decision?

Thank you.

By Elizabeth22 (Elizabeth22) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 08:03 am: Edit

I think it's a great choice, and your chances are very good. I'm glad you found a school you like so much!

By Orangeslippers (Orangeslippers) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 07:57 pm: Edit

Bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page