Chances of transferring to Wash U....

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: August 2004 Archive: Chances of transferring to Wash U....
By Cyberbrian (Cyberbrian) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 10:56 pm: Edit

I was curious if anyone out there had transfered to Wash U, and if so, what their story is...

I'm currently attending the University of Missouri-St.Louis (UMSL) after taking 1.5 years off school. I'm doing well, but I would like to transfer in the fall of '05, which does not give me too many hours to put on my transfer app. I'll have: 24 hours by Dec, mid-semester grades from an additional 12 by the app due date, and would transfer in '05 with 39-45 hours completed.

I'll easily have a 3.9 in my major (poli sci) and a 3.7 CUM covering a decent range of classes (english comp, history, psychology, speech and debate, law, and poli sci). I will also have a glowing letter of recommendation from (at least) one of my Professors (who has a PhD in poli sci from Wash U).

The downside: my highschool transcripts (which are required to apply) are less than perfect, about a C+ average from a respected private St.Louis high school. I also did not take the ACT until after I graduated HS.

I'm also not sure how they will view my year and a half off. It was spent working and eventually (within the last 3mos) starting my own business (which has since taken off).

Thanks for the replies...

~Brian

By Cyberbrian (Cyberbrian) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 05:39 pm: Edit

*bump*

By Dstark (Dstark) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 05:43 pm: Edit

Call Wash U.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page