Chances of transferring to Wash U....

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: August 2004 Archive: Chances of transferring to Wash U....
By Cyberbrian (Cyberbrian) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 10:56 pm: Edit

I was curious if anyone out there had transfered to Wash U, and if so, what their story is...

I'm currently attending the University of Missouri-St.Louis (UMSL) after taking 1.5 years off school. I'm doing well, but I would like to transfer in the fall of '05, which does not give me too many hours to put on my transfer app. I'll have: 24 hours by Dec, mid-semester grades from an additional 12 by the app due date, and would transfer in '05 with 39-45 hours completed.

I'll easily have a 3.9 in my major (poli sci) and a 3.7 CUM covering a decent range of classes (english comp, history, psychology, speech and debate, law, and poli sci). I will also have a glowing letter of recommendation from (at least) one of my Professors (who has a PhD in poli sci from Wash U).

The downside: my highschool transcripts (which are required to apply) are less than perfect, about a C+ average from a respected private St.Louis high school. I also did not take the ACT until after I graduated HS.

I'm also not sure how they will view my year and a half off. It was spent working and eventually (within the last 3mos) starting my own business (which has since taken off).

Thanks for the replies...

By Cyberbrian (Cyberbrian) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 05:39 pm: Edit

By Dstark (Dstark) on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 05:43 pm: Edit

Call Wash U.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page