You tell me where...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: August 2004 Archive: You tell me where...
By Shuffman654 (Shuffman654) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 10:18 pm: Edit

Hello,
I'm going to be a senior this year. I am beginning to decide where I'm going to submit applications and would like for you all to tell me where you think I have chances of getting in to. I would like to around the Mid-Atlantic region. I've recently been looking at The College of William and Mary but I'm not sure of my chances. Please just give me a list of schools that are in my range with my stats. I would like to go to a prestigious school. I'm not narrow-minded in my search, but I want a GOOD school. Here are my stats...

White Middle Class Male
Rural West Virginia
ACT: 30 (m33, e28, s30, r30) (SAT really isn’t popular here. All emphasis is put of ACT. Does this matter on admission since they accept both?)
GPA: 3.97 uw (end of jr year. will go up)
Rank: 6/128 (middle of junior year…moved up at the end of the year. Not exactly sure where…probably top 3)
I’ve taken all honors classes and every math class offered...AP Calc next year. I have many math and soc. Studies classes…civics, economics, law, world history, us history, 20th century history.
I've taken or will take several college classes through WVU...
College Algebra- A
College Trig- A
Pysch 101- A
Soc 101- A
Hist 152- likely A
Hist 153- likely A
College Composition- A
College Literature- A

EC:
Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership Conference (HOBY…135 selected in the state)
National Honor Society
Spanish Club Secretary
FCA
FBLA
4 year academic letterman
Won an essay contest on “character”
School Broadcasting Network…3 years…work as technical director. (I have proposed and will be the producer for the first DVD video yearbook at my school)
Math Field Day

Hobbies:
Piano…self-taught. I’ve been playing since kindergarten. I am playing for our school ensemble choir next year.
Guitar
Photography…plan to submit impressive portfolio with application.

Work:
Tutored middle school students my freshman year (approx. 40 hours)
Worked as mentor at summer school this year. I had a class and was a “teacher”. 6 week program...approx 175 hours.

Volunteer:
2003 GEAR-UP Summer School Program- 50 hours
Clean-up/painting local 4H camp
Church pianist- 4 years

I will have excellent recommendations. Good essay. Where do you think I have chances of getting in? I need help! Thanks in advance!

Scott

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page