International's chances at UIUC engineering

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: August 2004 Archive: International's chances at UIUC engineering
By Mojojojo7488 (Mojojojo7488) on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 02:14 am: Edit

hey
i was wondering if someone could tell me if a ACT 34 is good enough for UIUC engineering. planning on good SAT ii's and recommendations.
thx

By Alexandre (Alexandre) on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 04:51 am: Edit

34 is excellent. You won't need more. How was your math? If it was 35 or 36, don't even bother taking your SAT if Illinois is your first choice.

By Drusba (Drusba) on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 01:35 pm: Edit

34 ACT is usually in the top 25% of admittees. When you go to apply to UIUC when its new application comes out (usually mid to late September; one on-line right now is last year's and is invalid for use for next year), the application will have a chart showing the 25% to 75% range of admittees to each college at the university for both test score and class rank for class admitted in 2004. Typically for engineering, the 25% to 75% range is ACT 29 to 33 ACT and class rank top 10% to top 2%.

Sat II's are not necessary and are not relied on by UIUC for admission even if submitted; recommendations have little or no value. Key are courses taken, class rank, test score (ACT or SAT) and essay and the last is more important for those on the borderline.

By Mojojojo7488 (Mojojojo7488) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 06:55 am: Edit

ok...thanks a lot

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page