Chances at NY Area Schools

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: August 2004 Archive: Chances at NY Area Schools
By Percival20 (Percival20) on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 10:58 pm: Edit

What do you think my chances are at getting into some of the NY-area schools? (Fordham, Manhattan College, NYU, Pace etc.) And what are my chances at getting into a Boston-area college? (BC, Boston University)

My grades for my freshman year were as followed:
Math A (Honors): 88
Biology (Honors): 92
Foreign Language: 91
English (Honors): 90
Social Studies (Honors): 90

That gives me a 90.2 unweighted avg of my core classes, it was something like a 95 avg with the weight added on to it.

My grades for my sophomore year were as followed:
Math B (Honors): 89
Chemistry (Honors): 90
Foreign Langauge: 88
English (Honors): 94
Social Studies (Honors): 97

That's a 91.6 unweighted and it was an avg of around 96-97 with the weight.

For my Junior Year I am taking the following classes:
Pre Calculus (Honors)
AP Physics
AP US History
AP Literature
Foreign Language (Honors)

I know that I still have quite a way to go, but if I could have a general idea of where I'm most likely to end up and what grades I may have to achieve this year in order to go to a school that I want to go to. (NYU or BC)

I'm in SADD, and I've been the President of my class for the first 2 years and I've been elected to serve again next year. I'm also going to run for school president in my senior year.

Also, I am a white Catholic male, if that has anything to do with the decision process.

I took the PSAT and I scored around a 1170 (converted into the old score), but I didn't really study for it or go to any of the review classes. I'm going to be taking the PSAT, and the SAT this year. I'm also not sure what my rank is as I am in a highly competitive grade in a very small class. (about 120 people)

I appreciate your time for reading my post and if you could please suggest some things for me, feel free to do so and it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

By Percival20 (Percival20) on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 03:28 pm: Edit

bump

By Percival20 (Percival20) on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 08:57 pm: Edit

okay... bump

By Percival20 (Percival20) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 12:39 pm: Edit

someone please? =/

By Lenk58 (Lenk58) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 10:41 am: Edit

You can do better than Manhattan and Pace. you will have many schools to chose from. what is your intended major? Do you just want NYC and Boston?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page