Be Honest...My Chances!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: August 2004 Archive: Be Honest...My Chances!
By Chocolatechip87 (Chocolatechip87) on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 07:55 pm: Edit

I'm a rising senior(female) from los angeles, I go to a small private school. I'm interested in applying to USC, various UCs, UPenn,and Brandeis. What chances do I have at the various Ucs and other schools? Are there any others schools that you think are a good fit for me? Thanks so much..I appreciate it!

My Stats:
SatI: 1480(740m 740v)
SatII: us history 750
math IC 700(retaking)
writing(will take)
GPA: 3.9 UW
4.2 W
-School doesn't rank but probably top 5-10%(only 65 in my grade)
AP English Lang. and Comp.-5(self-study b/c school does not offer it in Jr yr.)
AP US History-4
In Sr. yr, will take AP Bio, AP Euro, AP English, AP Calc, and Honors Hebrew Language

ECS(sparse...i know):
Soccer(5yrs)
Piano(10 yrs including 10 performances)
Literature Club(1yr)
Women's Action Committee(2yrs)
Political Activism Committee(4yrs)
Art Lessons
Jewish Youth Organization(4yrs)
School Newspaper Columnist(2yrs)

Community Service:
Hospital(entire summer), working and researching in Lab
Animal Rescue Organization
Knitting For Newborns
Weekly Nursing Home Visits
Committee raising money for vicims of terror
Mentoring and helping inner city public school children to read
Mentor and tutor to Middle School Students

This Summer:
Took Psychology and Painting at Cambridge U(England)
Last Summer:
Volunteered at Local Hospital and worked/ researched in Lab
Volunteered at Animal Rescue Organization
Life-Drawing Class
Sewing Class

By Qwert271 (Qwert271) on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 12:08 am: Edit

My bets are that you're:

In at: USC, all of the UCs easily, Brandeis
Close call, but I'd still say yeah: UPenn
Could definitely shoot for: all Ivies, Stanford wouldn't be too far either.

By Liek0806 (Liek0806) on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 01:37 am: Edit

sorry, off topic question, what school do you go to?

By Chocolatechip87 (Chocolatechip87) on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 01:11 pm: Edit

Shalhevet...small Jewish school...what about u?

By 80drofnats (80drofnats) on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 03:20 pm: Edit

Apply ED to Penn definitely, it's your only shot at a top 10 school, and you'd have about a 60% chance, but no shot in RD, USC is a good safety.

By Chocolatechip87 (Chocolatechip87) on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 10:01 pm: Edit

What other schools do you think would be good matches and safties for me? Thanx

By Philliesphan54 (Philliesphan54) on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 10:27 pm: Edit

wow, we pretty much have the same resume except i play baseball and take spanish, lol.

im applying to penn as well, good luck

By Qwert271 (Qwert271) on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 10:41 pm: Edit

You have plenty of matches/safties in the UCs. The only one that is a near match is UCB, but you're still almost guaranteed since you're instate. If you just don't like them much, U of Chicago is a nice match for you, Tufts is a good high match, and Georgetown would be a reach.

By Chocolatechip87 (Chocolatechip87) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 09:01 pm: Edit

thanx for the suggestions....neone else? :o)

By Chocolatechip87 (Chocolatechip87) on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 06:05 pm: Edit

b
bu
bum
bump

By Liek0806 (Liek0806) on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 11:05 pm: Edit

i say that all your schools listed are all matches or safeties, excluding penn, just because admissions is random in top 15, but i'm pretty sure you'll get into more than one, i would recommend stanford, i personally say don't be discouraged from applying anywhere, with your stats you have a really really good chance of getting into wherever you apply, you don't need that 1600, your a strong applicant already, so don't be discourage to apply to top 10's

By Liek0806 (Liek0806) on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 11:05 pm: Edit

i say that all your schools listed are all matches or safeties, excluding penn, just because admissions is random in top 15, but i'm pretty sure you'll get into more than one, i would recommend stanford, i personally say don't be discouraged from applying anywhere, with your stats you have a really really good chance of getting into wherever you apply, you don't need that 1600, your a strong applicant already, so don't be discourage to apply to top 10's

By Flopsy (Flopsy) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 01:16 am: Edit

USC, various UCs, UPenn,and Brandeis

UCLA/UCB: Match
USC: Match
UPenn: Match
Brandeis: ?

By Flopsy (Flopsy) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 02:16 am: Edit

You're in at all other UCs, by the way...

By Chocolatechip87 (Chocolatechip87) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 09:18 pm: Edit

bUmPiTy BuMp...

By Chocolatechip87 (Chocolatechip87) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 11:49 pm: Edit

nebody else...pretty please??? :O)

By Chocolatechip87 (Chocolatechip87) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 03:10 pm: Edit

oh...also, do i have any chance at tufts? thanx

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page