Northwestern ED Chances?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: August 2004 Archive: Northwestern ED Chances?
By Senioritis2005 (Senioritis2005) on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 01:55 pm: Edit

Hey-
I know you all have seen a million of these, but maybe you could give me some idea of where I might fit in here. I will be applying Early Decision to Northwestern this fall.
SAT I: 1400 (750 Math)
Plan to take Writing, Physics, and Math IC in Oct.
4.0 unweighted GPA
Will be taking AP English, AP Calc (Studying for BC by myself), AP Bio, Honors Spanish IV, and I have intro to microeconomics and intro to macroeconomics courses at Michigan State U this year.
I have had a very rigorous schedule (the toughest that my school offers) but I don't know if coming from such a small public school would hurt me.
My ECs:
Varsity tennis four years
JV Golf three, varsity golf one year,
played concert piano for eleven years, NHS,
Business Professionals of America, serving as a vice president for the state of Michigan, Model UN (president of club this year) Tennis team captain sophomore year, Quiz Bowl and Quiz Busters, and I have had two jobs, one for two years, the other for a year working at a golf course and the other as a secretary type job.
If you have any idea how I might do, please let me know, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

By Tomcat8272 (Tomcat8272) on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 03:20 pm: Edit

Go for it! And then please golf for NU and help them win.

By Drusba (Drusba) on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 05:38 pm: Edit

Unlike a lot of colleges, Northwestern actually uses ED to admit those it believes will be at the higher end of their admittees overall rather than admitting a number who may be borderline but will definitely come because they are applying ED. Nevertheless, you are in that higher end and should have a very good chance.

By Senioritis2005 (Senioritis2005) on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 05:59 pm: Edit

Thanks for the info guys. And yes, if I can get my scores just a litter lower over the next summer, I was planning on playing golf for them. I heard they have an amazing indoor facility so I could practice year round.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page