Haverford and Vassar

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: August 2004 Archive: Haverford and Vassar
By Takeheart (Takeheart) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 04:25 pm: Edit

What do you think my chances at Haverford and Vassar are?

I have:
1450 SAT (800 V, 650 M) I'll probably retake in Nov.
SAT IIs :740 Literature, 660 Writing, 640 Bio E -- I'm retaking the second two and adding another in October. I took them when I had the flu and therefore fell asleep in the middle of Writing, and when I got to Bio (my 3rd test) I was ready to die. All my scores will end up in line with my Lit one.
A 4.0 UW GPA
9/121 weighted rank
Hardest schedule all four years -- junior year, hardest in history of school.
If you want to see my ECs, go to http://prstats.com/2009/display.php?user=takeheart

I'm not only applying to Haverford and Vassar, I'm just mostly curious about those two.

By Jaredthegreat (Jaredthegreat) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 04:49 pm: Edit

I think they're really good. Obviously you should retake that Writing, and as much as you're going to hate this: take SAT II Math.

I'm probably applying to both, and I am significantly less strong an applicant than you. I got a 33 on my ACT, and 720-740 SATII scores, but that's about all I have going for me.

I sure hope you get in.

Good luck!

By Takeheart (Takeheart) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 10:07 pm: Edit

Yeah, I'm retaking Writing most certainly, and was planning on taking Math IIC, plus one other (maybe a retake of Bio, maybe French, maybe US History, we'll see).

I think that you have a great shot at both with those scores (especially at Vassar, they kind of have affirmative action for males). I would be very surprised if you didn't get into either. A tip for admission at Haverford -- they like people who show interest. Make sure you visit, maybe e-mail a professor or the admission office with thoughful questions. If your essays are strong, I really think that you'll be in at both schools.

By Chicken123 (Chicken123) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 10:10 pm: Edit

You wouldn't happen to know about the scarlet letter

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page