Transfer, but where to???

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: August 2004 Archive: Transfer, but where to???
By Kousuke (Kousuke) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 07:04 pm: Edit

hi,
what schools should my brother be able to apply to, as a transfer? his college GPA is so far something like 3.95 or something. straight A's except for his intro-aerobics(PE) class(B+). he finished both semesters of his freshman year with the highest grade in his freshman chemistry class, they gave him some CRC freshman chemistry excellence award and a new CRC book for that. he will most likely have excellent recs. not very many ECs, just a couple clubs. his highest combined SAT score is 1330, his highest in one sitting is 1280. he hasnt taken any SAT2s, is that really bad? is JHU too much of a reach? his intended major is most likely either chemistry or pre-med. what schools should he be looking at? he goes to a small school in kansas, private, that no ones heard of. his highschool transcript, he had 4.0uw both junior and senior years, and took 1 AP junior year and 2 senior year, a so so course load. im afraid hes going to apply to schools that would most likely be only safeties or matches for him. if someone could help me build a list for him. thank you.

By Kousuke (Kousuke) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 10:25 pm: Edit

bump

By Vsage3 (Vsage3) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 03:33 am: Edit

From what I've seen of transfer apps, SAT scores are for statistical purposes and have a small if any impact on admission. Same goes with AP's with HS transcript. It's all about GPA in college. 3.95 looks good IMO, but I'm sure he'll be up against 1534523 4.0's. GL

By Kousuke (Kousuke) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 12:15 pm: Edit

how about Case Western? would that be a reach?

By Kousuke (Kousuke) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 05:54 pm: Edit

bump

By Kousuke (Kousuke) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 08:56 pm: Edit

bump

By Kousuke (Kousuke) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 05:13 pm: Edit

bump #3

By Kousuke (Kousuke) on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 01:06 am: Edit

bump #last

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page