Air Force Academy and/or Westpoint (USMA)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: August 2004 Archive: Air Force Academy and/or Westpoint (USMA)
By Fnyboy4021 (Fnyboy4021) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 08:12 pm: Edit

Sorrie to post here..im gettin errors everywhere else.....weird

THanks for helping... here are my stats
GPAAccum) 3.0 unweighted 3.4 weighted
Rank is about 190/550
Class Selection: Only listing my core classes
Freshman:
Regular English 9, Honors Geometry, Honors Biology, World Geography
Sophomore:
Honors English 10, Honors Algebra 2,Honors Chemistry, AP Computer Science, World History
Junior:
AP Lang, AP Physics B, AP US History, Honors Pre-Calc, Economics,
Senior: (What I registered for so far)
AP Lit, AP Calc BC, AP Physics C, AP Gov't,
ExtraCurricular:
Peer Counseling (2 yrs), Lacrosse(9-12), Soccer(10-11), Han-Uri(Ethnic Club)(10-11), Ethnic Advisory Board(10-11), Summer internships (twice applied at Buckley Air Force Base, and got accepted into the program, but was declined afterwords due to security issues (9-11), so I changed it to an Aviation business, and the next year i went to an architectural firm.), Many hours of community service( local library, medical center, tutoring AVID kids, Not in NHS, but they allow me to go to the events to log my own community service hours
Test Scores:
ACT:25
SAT:1280
AP Lang & AP US History: 3
AP Physics B: 2
Going to retake ACT, SAT, and my physics exam again next year.
I am really interested in the Air Force Academy, my counselor thinks i may have a shot, but i think she is jus saying that to make me feel good. She claims my ec's will help, like my internships. I know my GPA hurts, as do my grades, have had 1 D (AP Computer Science.....), A's, B's, and C's...and i have been doing everything i can to bring up my grades.... like takin 9 classes in an 8 class school day..grades have been improving every year. and im korean... if that helps anything.
So what are my shots in the military academies? IF things dont work out... i think i will apply at some business school like Babson.....

By Fnyboy4021 (Fnyboy4021) on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 03:30 pm: Edit

bump

By Tlaktan (Tlaktan) on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 02:53 am: Edit

Well, needless to say, the Academies are very tough to enter. You need the Congressional nomination, first off. Your SATs are in the lower end, and your ACTs are on the lower end, as well as your GPA.

If you have any connections to the USMA/AFA, then please state them.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page