Chances at UW nursing program

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: August 2004 Archive: Chances at UW nursing program
By Torchi (Torchi) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 06:58 pm: Edit

Hi- I am a 1/2 Asian female senior. Could someone please tell me my chances of getting into the University of Washington's Nursing program according to my stats? Thanks!

GPA: 4.0 unweighted
SAT: 1230 (planning to retake)
Course load: most AP and honors classes that school provides
Class Rank: 1/240

ECs:
*Basketball captain
*Softball captain
*Senior Class president
*Fresh class treas
*Honors Society
*Spanish Club
*Youth Group Leadership
*Missions trip to Montana 2 years
*Missions to Mexico 2 years
*200 hrs community service

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

By Torchi (Torchi) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 11:30 pm: Edit

bump

By Tkdgal (Tkdgal) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 09:32 am: Edit

I don't know much about the specific program, but your leadership in high school has been amazing. Congrats on your accomplishments! I'd be surprised if UW doesn't accept you - are you in-state?

By Drusba (Drusba) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 09:45 am: Edit

As you are a Washington resident, I would place you on the list of high probability to get admitted with the only real risk that they may think you are kidding about going to nursing school with such qualifications. If you really want to go to nursing school start looking into many of the schools that have such programs and check out scholarships available. Someone with your grades, rank, and actual desire to attend nursing school has a good chance of finding at least a tuition scholarship at a number of schools, particularly if you get the SAT up somewhat.

By Miakulpa (Miakulpa) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 05:21 pm: Edit

UW has one of the top nursing schools in the country and the University of Washington Medical Center and the Health Sciences Library is GREAT and right next door. The price is right, too!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page