CHANCES AT GEORGIA TECH

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: August 2004 Archive: CHANCES AT GEORGIA TECH
By Gatechboy (Gatechboy) on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 12:30 am: Edit

I KNOW I HAVE POSTED MY STATS A COUPLE OF TIMES, BUT I WOULD LIKE SOME INFO ON HOW MY STATS ARE FOR GEORGIA TECH AND UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA. CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME OUT. CAN YOU GUYS RATE MY CHANCES!!!!!

MY STATS....

AM AN AFRICAN AMERICAN AT A PRETTY GOOD SCHOOL

RANK 74 OUT OF 369 STUDENTS
MY GPA IS 3.38 UW 3.75 W

I HAVE SCORED 1210 ON THE SAT'S AND GOT A 24 ON THE ACT'S.

I HAVE NOT TAKEN THE SATII.
MY ECS ARE AS FOLLOWS

BASEBALL( 9TH AND JV)
PEER TUTORING (10/11/12)
BETA CLUB(10/11/12)
FBLA(11/12)
KEY CLUB(11/12)
I AM ON A MULTICULTURAL STEERING COMMITTEE AND REPRESENT MY ENTIRE SCHOOL(11/12)
HELPED TUTOR KIDS IN THE AFTERNOON AT A WELL KNOWN TUTORING PROGRAM. (12)
WAS RECOMMENDED TO ATTEND THE UFL MINORITY SCHOLAR PROGRAM
WAS ASKED TO CONNECT WITH TECH

I AM ALSO HOPPING TO BE IN NHS NEXT YEAR

I AM AN UPCOMING SENIOR

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU GUYS CAN TELL ME WHERE I STAND.

By Gatechboy (Gatechboy) on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 04:43 pm: Edit

somebody answer my post. please

By Tamy02 (Tamy02) on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 06:22 pm: Edit

Well wat state u a citzen for..if you are a citzen of georgi then ur chances r ok..like it would be a reach/match school..but outta state it would b a superrr REACH! but if u raise ur SAT's about 100+ points u'll be fine. As far a Uni of Fl..u have a good chance..i would say it waas a match school!
wats the brak down of ur SAT scores?!

By Gatechboy (Gatechboy) on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 08:25 pm: Edit

i have a 650 in math and 560 in verbal. yes, i am instate

By Gatechboy (Gatechboy) on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 10:17 pm: Edit

can some other people answer my question. i am really in need for opinions if i should pursue this decision

By Rogracer (Rogracer) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 12:30 pm: Edit

I think your chances are fair at best. For this years incoming freshman at U of F, 80% are in the top 10% of their HS class...1300 ave SATs...and a 4.0 weighted GPA. Ga Tech requirements are similar....perhaps slightly higher SATs, but a lesser percentage of top-10%ers. If you take a bunch of AP classes your senior year, that will help...U of F looks for that.

But...I think you should add a saftey school.

By Gatechboy (Gatechboy) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 04:18 pm: Edit

My school ranks based on cumulative wieghted numerical averages. mine is an 88. but my weighted gpa is 3.75. What doe you think my chances for ufl are. what safties and matches do you recommend. make sure they are in the south.

By Rogracer (Rogracer) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 05:04 pm: Edit

The Univ of Florida uses their own "weighting system"....only a 1/2 point extra for AP and Honors classes. So the 4.0 weighted average for incomming freshmen means you need a 3.5+ unweighted average with lots of AP and Honors classes. At this point, I'd say UF and GaTech are stretches for you, but who knows.

Sounds like you may be interested in engineering I'm guessing. UCF and USF have good programs. The computer science program at UCF is nationally recognized.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page