Transfer Chances

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: Transfer Chances
By Swattie05 (Swattie05) on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 02:02 am: Edit

I'm currently a sophomore at Swarthmore College with a 3.7 GPA who has been just been accepted in the Honors Program here (I'd rather not say my major to keep some sense of anonymity since its a small school). The main reason I'm transferring is because I was told by my department that they're "too lazy" to advise me for my thesis, but I also feel politcally isolated here, and political activism was always a central part of my extracurricular life. I've spoken to professors at each of the schools I'm applying to (Brown, Yale, NYU, Harvard) and they're all very excited about my thesis proposal, which has to do with development in the Middle East. I've got great recs, I'm being cited by a professor in a journal, I'm working this summer as an instructor for the Exploration Summer Program (I worked for CTY last summer) and I've been very active on campus. Even though it shouldn't matter, I got a 1470 on my SAT (which is just used to predict college grades, and I already have a well-established record), I was 3/525 in my class in high school. Any comments would be appreciated, thanks.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page