Cornell Architecture

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: Cornell Architecture
By Grhay13 (Grhay13) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 04:19 pm: Edit

Hello!
I applied to the College of Arch, Art, and Planning at Cornell. I know the decisions are released in a week but I'm getting really anxious. The problem is, I read on here that people got likely letters and I was wondering that since I didn't get a likely letter does this mean I'm rejected? I also applied to Syracuse University (arch) and I was not only accepted there (with a likelyletter) but I also got a $40,000 scholarship. The dean at Syracuse (who attended Cornell) told me that my portfolio was very good as well as other people that have viewed it. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone could give me any insight! Thanks.

btw my stats are:
3.8 uw GPA
10/140
I'm from Maine (?)
1230 SAT
many ec's (pres nhs, skiing, soccer, leadership, etc)
Career Discovery in Architecture at Notre Dame
I've taken the most difficult courses offered

Please help! and be honest!

By L_Wonder (L_Wonder) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 07:39 pm: Edit

I didn't get a letter likely when I applied to Cornell,but I was accepted. At Cornell, "stats" are not everything. I know people who got into Cornell with a 900 combined SAT score,and they did some of the best work I have ever seen. If your portfolio is good, you probably have a good shot. I don't think the letters go out until next week(I think I got mine some time during the first week of april)Good luck!

By Grhay13 (Grhay13) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 08:15 pm: Edit

Thank you very much for the reply! What were your stats? Did you end up attending Cornell? If so, do/did you enjoy it?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page