Chances for an Indian moslem at MIT, Cornell - PART II

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: Chances for an Indian moslem at MIT, Cornell - PART II
By Ubaid_In (Ubaid_In) on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 03:12 am: Edit

yippee
I got accepted to University Of Windsor, Ontario, Canada ...... Why am I excited??? - many reasons, some of them :
-the university, on a comparitive ranking between US and Canadian Universities is ranked 44th
-with Brown university - thats sure a reason to get excited, isnt it?
-ofcourse - much much cheaper than Brown University, and prolly much less selective - because I got accepted!!! though my SAT score werent the criteria, my 11th grade marks were - 92.3% (I think pretty good and competitive)
-check the ranking if you want to:
http://www3.telus.net/info/ee-prog.htm

well ppl - wad da ya tink??

By Kk02 (Kk02) on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 05:08 am: Edit

University of Windsor has a very very high acceptance rate. Not to offend you or anything, but your school grades would enable you to get in a more selective Canadian/US university like University of Toronto, I can't say about Waterloo though, they're pretty selective. U Windor would take you even if you decide as late as August 2003.

On the good side, U windsor is a nice campus and has a good engineering co-op program, so if you go there you would enjoy yourself there with transfer options open.

By Ubaid_In (Ubaid_In) on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 10:31 am: Edit

I know that I have a shot - a good shot, at University Of Toronto and sure be accepted to Univ. Of Waterloo, because a friend of mine with SAT score much lesser than mine got accepted there, but there are many other factors why I chose not to apply there :
- If I go to Univ. of Wind. I would be, probably, in the top of the class which is beneficial in many ways .... and it's always great to be the king!!
- As money is a big factor for me, now, UW is probably cheaper and I can get some scholarship's there - though minimal
- and I really really really love snow and the great climate of Canada ...

and some other factors .....

By Ubaid_In (Ubaid_In) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 04:16 am: Edit

"University of Windsor has a very very high acceptance rate"

No, I dont think so. Because when the university representatives came to hyderabad, many other other students along with me went to meet them hoping to get admission there. But the univeristy representatives did not accept the application of everyone who came.

like, there was a boy, with his father, who was interested in doing EE, but as his maths score was just below 80%, they did not even accept his application. They flatly said that you cannot get admission, and they cant help it, almost - " go away, no place for you!" Only three students me and my two friend's application were accpeted.

So, the bottomline on this issue is that when they allow only good student's to file the application how will the accpetance rate not be high.

By Ubaid_In (Ubaid_In) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 04:17 am: Edit

Hey ppl

do you beleive the ranking in the link of the website that I have given above??

By Kk02 (Kk02) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 10:00 am: Edit

Oh, acceptance rates are relative, my friend!
Compare them to Waterloo. Dont be so sure of getting in there, they accept very very few international students.

However, Congratulations anyway, I just mean to tell you that at 92%, you deserve better. All universities in Canada are priced at 10-11 thousand canadian, except for McGill.

By Ubaid_In (Ubaid_In) on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 11:10 am: Edit

my classmate - an •••••••, who cant do any maths and hardly some physics got into both Waterloo and Toronto!!!!! At first I didnt beleeeive it, but then when I asked him how he got into such selective colleges he said that there was enormous
pressure on 'them' by his dad ......... I dont understand a bit of that - propably because he wont tell it completely, but will let you know, if you want to, about his "story" ...... whatever!

though i think i would have got accpeted to a better college, I think going to UW would be better because ....... the reasons of which I had already given above.

kk02 - what do u know about UW - pls tell me whatever u know about it, like crime rate,(its very close to Detroit where crime rate is very high), ppl there, especially girls !!!! pls tell me if you know

By Geodude666 (Geodude666) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 12:18 pm: Edit

hey, i live in windsor, the crime rate is EXREAMLY high downtown, so i would advise u to not live anywhere near there, there are SSOOO many strip clubs and bars there, cuz the drinking age is 2 years or something below the drinking age for americans, so all the detroit ppl come over and drink till they sleep on the streets, it's kinda sad, there was an article the other day in the windsor star where they discussed how windsor is labeled "sin city" but it's not that bad if u live in south windsor, it's a pretty safe neighborhood, prolly one of the safest i windsor, although my neightboor got broken into a few months ago (as u can see, i write with no periods, lol) but anyways, but as for a single college guy, it's heaven, o, and prosititution is leagle, and so is pot, if u have less than 30 grams of it, and women are free to to topless iwithout getting arrested, and the pollution is horrid, but it's mainly from detroit, so that's a resident's view of windsor, have fun :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page