HELP!!!.......for INDIAN STUDENTS DOIN HSC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: HELP!!!.......for INDIAN STUDENTS DOIN HSC
By Creedthang (Creedthang) on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 05:09 am: Edit

OK GUYS
HOW DO U LIST YOUR SCHOOL GRADES???????

I WAS IN AN ICSE SCHOOL AND THEN SHIFTED TO HSC CUZ MY SCHOOL DOESNT HAVE 11TH AND 12TH.

I AM IN SCIENCE.

IM LIKE IN REALLY SMART CLASS.
GOT AN 87% IN MY ICSE 91% IF U TAKE OUT HINDI.
BUT IN MY NORMAL EXAMS MY MARKS ARE ALL AROUND 55 TO 70.

ITS PRETTY DECENT CONSIDERING THE HIGHEST ISNT TOO HIGH AND THE PAPERS ARE REALLY TOUGH AND THE CORRECTIONS EVEN MORE RAPING.

I CANT ACTUALLY LIST DOWN MY MARKS AS
76 OUT 150 PHYSICS
75 OUT OF 150 CHEM
96 OUT OF 150 MATHS
98 OUT OF 150 ENGLISH
141 OUT OF 200 COMPUTERS.

WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL 9TH AND 10TH I WAS RANKED 6TH AMONG 45 KIDS.
SAT 1 1450.

SO HOW DO U LIS T YOUR MARKS?????????????

ANYTHING ABOVE 60% IS LISTED AS AN A??...cuz here anything above 60% is considered first class...

just reply please

peace

By Bangaloreboy (Bangaloreboy) on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 06:45 am: Edit

No, u cannot grade yourself on th

By Bangaloreboy (Bangaloreboy) on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 06:46 am: Edit

No, u cannot grade yourself on the basis that 60 and above is A, that will lead to an outright rejection. This universities have international review committees, so just send your actual marks and they will assess the situation themselves. Don't try to fool them, but just list your marks, and they have enough experience to evaluate you.

By Kk02 (Kk02) on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 07:22 am: Edit

Just get your marksheets xeroxed, get them verified and ask your school to mail them. Sometimes, you have to go and post them yourselves.

By Andrew (Andrew) on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 07:33 am: Edit

Yeah, as an interntional student - they'll recalculate all your grades and everything. You want to have your counselor put in a note with the transcript if your school doesn't already about how their system works and what is an A, etc. That way, they know what your grades really are. That's about all there is to say about that. If you really have questions, call up the admissions office and ask them about. They're usually the best source to ask about things like that. Hope this helps.

By Hrithik (Hrithik) on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 08:58 am: Edit

Instead of grading just give ur marks and ur overall rank... if you dont have rankings you can assess something like top 10% which can be verified by ur school .. so the college at least knows what your caliber is compared to others irrespective of your marks.

By Mrme (Mrme) on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 05:12 pm: Edit

what our skool did was make a list with marks and relative grades...
and attached that to the report cards...

dont do it yourself.. and get the conversion sheet on skool letterhead..
if u have time..go to USEFI..tehy give out a letter giving grades for marks...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page