Georgetown, Boston College, or Notre Dame?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: Georgetown, Boston College, or Notre Dame?
By Malrena84 (Malrena84) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 11:30 pm: Edit

Hey folks, I had a question for you and would love and appreciate whatever feedback you choose to give. I am a senior and applied Early Action to 3 schools: Georgetown, Boston College, and Notre Dame and was accepted to all of them (much to both my relief and my source of consternation)! I have examined each extremely carefully and have visited all of them and at this point can't pin-point exactly which one I'd like to spend the next four years of my life at (I love them all). So, what would you do? Which one would you pick over the others and why? Like I mentioned earlier, feedback is much appreciated! Thanks!

By Ilmare17 (Ilmare17) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 11:40 pm: Edit

id say georgetown because its the most prestigious out of the three..im not too sure about the value of their programs. but if i was in your position, i would be sooo excited about getting into georgetown!!!

By Hhboyji (Hhboyji) on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 01:26 am: Edit

Id say georgetown too. It's in great location that you can have some fun. And like Ilmare 17 said, it's the most prestigious school out of three.

By Congocross (Congocross) on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 02:52 am: Edit

What is your planned major Malren?

By 1214 (1214) on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 08:38 pm: Edit

Boston College. The location and vibe is awesome. It's is very prestigious, although I must admit Gtown is moreso. What do u want prestige or a stellar education?

By Andoverhopeful (Andoverhopeful) on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 09:21 pm: Edit

Notre Dame - Go Fighting Irish !!

By Ctmom (Ctmom) on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 07:43 am: Edit

You really can't go wrong with any of them, so maybe you should just go with your 'gut'. Take a look at some of the non-academic day to day factors...what are the living conditions- dorms, food,transportation on campus. How easy is it for you to get home if you need a weekend break? Look at their website calendar of events - what can you see yourself participating in - what's important to you...concerts? sports? visiting lecturers? Look at their course offerings and figure out what classes you would really enjoy taking. If nothing stands out...go with the cheapest!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page