USC dorm rooms

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: USC dorm rooms
By Cityguy2oo3 (Cityguy2oo3) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 09:39 pm: Edit

What are the advantages/disadvantages of living in these residence halls for freshman? I already know the room layouts and amenities from the LIVING booklet given with the acceptance letter.

Birnkrant
Marks/Trojan Hall
Marks Tower
Pardee
Parkside Suites
New Residential College
North Residential College
Fluor

Thanks

By Vizious (Vizious) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 10:11 pm: Edit

SOmeone briefly mentioned here a while back which dorms at usc were tight, but it was a while back...plz post again lol

By Cityguy2oo3 (Cityguy2oo3) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 10:57 pm: Edit

Yes, if anybody has any info, please post!

By Troy (Troy) on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 07:44 pm: Edit

I posted stuff on dorms...it should still be in the feb 2003 archives under college admission.

screw it...here's my post again but if you want greek info go to the archives.

New and North residence halls...really social...great location...they're coed halls...and hot girls...people setting off fire alarms gets annoying though...that would be my first choice

Parkside International are the nicest dorms and has the best dining...they also have single rooms which is a plus...

Fluor Tower is nice but it's mostly for athletes and webb tower ain't too shabby

Pardee tower isn't the greatest in terms of accomodations but I loved living there when I was a freshman and everyone else I've talked to about the place are quite fond of it too

Avoid living in parkside, trojan hall, marks tower, and any apartments (i.e. cardinal)...apartments aren't very social

By Magicman (Magicman) on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 08:29 pm: Edit

can you give your stats for those who have already gotten into usc?

By Cityguy2oo3 (Cityguy2oo3) on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 11:43 pm: Edit

1250 SAT, 680 Math IC, IB Diploma candidate, top ten percent, 4.18 GPA, good ECs, etc.

By Lnacen (Lnacen) on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 11:52 pm: Edit

what was you gpa unweighted?

By Cityguy2oo3 (Cityguy2oo3) on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 12:53 am: Edit

My school doesn't do unweighted GPAs.

By 10sprincesss (10sprincesss) on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 07:23 pm: Edit

i'm still waiting for a reply :) i live in MD

By Magicman (Magicman) on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 09:42 pm: Edit

anyone else gotten in? I heard that we'll be finding out between April 3-7th because all decisions have been made...

?

By Cityguy2oo3 (Cityguy2oo3) on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 10:51 pm: Edit

I don't think you all will find out that late, because USC has been sending me stuff about admission receptions for students that have been admitted, and mine (in Houston) is March 29. Thats the earliest date I found in the list of receptions and thats next weekend, so everybody should know soon of any decision.

By Cutiejen37 (Cutiejen37) on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 05:56 pm: Edit

I'm going to be a freshman at USC in the fall, and I just got my housing statement and I'm going to be living in Pardee Tower. I've heard it's pretty social, which is what I want. The only thing I'm wondering about is how much of a difference there is between New and North where there are coed floors and Pardee where there are gender specific floors. Is everyone pretty much on everyone else's floor in all of them, or because of the gender specific floors in Pardee is it less social?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page