I got a D senior year... am I screwed now?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: I got a D senior year... am I screwed now?
By Zynoda (Zynoda) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 02:00 am: Edit

Recently I was admitted to the college of engineering in UC Davis. Unfortunately, I received a D for AP Physics the past semester. I was wondering what are the chance that UC Davis will decide to cancel my admission. Keep in mind that the D was largely due to a month absence from school due to illness and my past grades aren't very strong either, 3.6 WEIGHTED!, meaning I don't think they expect perfect grades from me. But then again, I received the D in physics, which is very important for my major. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

By Tuannguyen (Tuannguyen) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 02:03 am: Edit

If you send them a letter explaining the reason why you got that D, they'll probably understand. They understand that you're human, and will probably come under to illness sooner or later. If they kick you out anyways, man i feel sorry for you.

By L76 (L76) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 02:06 am: Edit

I got a D in Spanish 4 1st semester this year, and I wrote to UC Davis 1/23 explaining what happened, and that I would validate the D grade by going on to the 2nd semester of the class and passing it with a C or better. They still accepted me, when I checked on Saturday. Hey, they realize that IB Spanish 4 or AP Physics, in your case, are hard classes, and they will still accept you provided that you tell them NOW (I'm not kidding), and be sure to "validate" the D grade by getting a C or better the 2nd semester (and tell them that in the e-mail). Don't worry about it.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page