CHANCES AT PENN

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: CHANCES AT PENN
By Jlq3d3 (Jlq3d3) on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 11:42 pm: Edit

I am really wondering what percent chance I have to get into UCLA or penn. Im a junior. Their (Penn) average SAT is 1400.

Currently 3.8 uw, 4.25 weighted. My school does not rank and we only have 70 students per grade. It is a competitive school with 0 grade inflation. 95% go to 4 year colleges

Currently in: Honors Precalc,Ap US, intermediate Hebrew, British lit, ecology, completed chem at community college with A, Enriched Talmud Track(Jewish Law), Bible, Jewish History. This is all the aps/honors offered for 11th grade.

Next Year: AP calc, ap euro, ap bio, ap english,
SAT:1450. I go to an Orthodox Jewish School with a duel curriculum. I have secular and Jewish studies from 730-5pm

ECs: -Model UN 3 yrs
-Drama, Sound operator 3 yrs
-Actor in play for community service
-Reading Tutor at Public School
-Math Tutor at myschool
- Jewish Overseas leadership training- Volunteer counsler in Ukraine for underprivlidged children for 3 weeks
-Member of Mensa, write for local chapter Newspaper
-Student Political action committee.

By Pennster (Pennster) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 03:11 am: Edit

You're looking good, just make sure to nail all your SATIIs (your SATI could be boosted too) and APs. Make sure you stay consistent with your ECs and don't procrastinate on the app!

By Kacey9290 (Kacey9290) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 04:51 am: Edit

Lookinng at your stats, I think you have a really good chance at getting into penn, at least, a much better chance than I do. Like Pennster said, nail you SAT IIs and APs. You would probably have a better chance if you didn't apply as a business major, but you'd still have a good chance nonetheless. Oh...yes..for some reason, universities like diversity, so emphasize your cultural background in your apps. And do NOT do what I did and write your application essay the day before the application's due.

By Kk02 (Kk02) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 07:21 am: Edit

Hey, till now the only admit letter I've got is from the U for which I wrote the essay on the night of the deadline (some weird question that didnt fit in with my standard essay that I sent to every other U).
The IRONY!!!!

(And yes, you have nice scores, ECs, grades and all, expect admission at Penn)

By Iamcool388 (Iamcool388) on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 06:17 am: Edit

U have a gr8 chance of getting in !! I'm pretty sure you will be able to get admission at Penn.

I too , have applied to Penn. My SAT1 is 1550, and sat2 are : writing-680, math1c-740 and math2c-730. TOEFL - 297/300.

I have applied as a business major, and am from India. Do you guys think i have ne chance of getting in???

By Creedthang (Creedthang) on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 08:11 am: Edit

WHARTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IM INDIAN TOO.
IM GONNA GET INTO WHARTON. JUST HAVE TO.
SAT SCORE OF 1450.
HOPFULLY ALL SAT2S ABOVE 700.
RANK IN THE TOP 10% OF MY CLASS.
TAKEN THE TOUGHEST COURSES IN THE FINAL 2 YEARS.

LOTS OF ECS.
NO LEADERSHIP POSITIONS.I PLAN TO FOUND A CLUB IN THE SUMMER THO.(IT WILL HELP TO HAVE FOUNDER OF SOME CLUB ON YOUR APP)
IM JUST GONNA START MY SENIOR YEAR IN JUNE.
IM GONNA GET EXCELLENT RECS.MY TEACHERS TELL ME TO WRITE THE LETTER AND THEY SIGN IT.
ALSO HAVE QUITE A BIT OF WORK EXPERIENCE.
HIGH DISTINCTIONS AND DISTINCTIONS AT ETC INTERNAIONAL EXAMS IN ENGLISH AND MATH.

I HAVE TO GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OTHERWISE I HAVE TO GET INTO SLOANS.
BTW IM NOT APPYLING FOR AID SINCE UPENN ISNT NEED BLIIND FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.

By Jumbo (Jumbo) on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 07:20 pm: Edit

Don't take it personally, but creedthang I don't think you're going to get in..

By Creedthang (Creedthang) on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 04:38 am: Edit

your basing that on my sat score which is about 50 points higher than the average student accepted at wharton.

By Andrew (Andrew) on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 07:42 am: Edit

I think both of you have a good chance of getting in, it's just I don't that anyone can accurrately or definitively say either one of you is in.

Jlq3d3 - you have good stats, ECs, unique volunteeer work, etc. I think that you have a very good chance of getting into UPENN.

Creedthang - I think you have a good chance as well but I don't know about the international aspect, you might competing with a lot of people who are very well qualified for Wharton. As usual, I would say it's a toss-up for any school like Wharton. there's really nothing you could do to guarantee acceptance, it all depends on what they want each year and how many people have it in the applicant pool.

I hope this helps. good luck to both of you.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page