What are my chances of getting into Duke? - please, please a

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: What are my chances of getting into Duke? - please, please a
By Kacey9290 (Kacey9290) on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 09:18 am: Edit

Hi,
I'm currently a senior, and my life has been reduced to twiddling my thumbs, jumping everytime the mailman comes, and having nervous breakdowns. So, can you guys plese, please tell me what my chances are of getting into Duke? (I need to decide by next next week whether I'm going to enroll into an college in Thailand or not adn it costs a lot of money)

Ok, my stats:
Sat I - v 730 m 770
Sat II - IIc 710, biology 760, writing 770, chemistry 710, French w/listening 710. (grr...I hate math II C)
My GPA is about 4.04 (weighted bigtime) and I rank in the top 1% of my class. (there are 200 students)
I take the international baccalaureate (is this you u spell it :P?) plus an extra certificate for physics. I take 5 HL courses (3 sciences, English, and Math) and 2 SL courses) - [yes I know, I don't have a life, so my counselors tell me...)
I'm house captain this year, VP of debate club, adn Treasurer of Amnesty Intl. I was VP of Key club last year and have been in it for 4 years. I've been in band for the past...forever...and I play the oboe. umm...I once wrote an article about community rights and got published. besides that, nothing.
Ohh...I'm asking for a LOT of Aid. *sniff sniff*
And I haven't gotten anything from duke except this post card from this person saying that (s)he liked my admissions essay.

what do you think my chances are?

btw...since I'm posting...would you please rate my chances for U.penn, columbia, Smith, Mount Holyoke, UBC too?...thanks a lot

Kacey

By Jenniferia (Jenniferia) on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 10:07 am: Edit

The postcard is probably an attempt by Duke to keep you going to Harvard or Princeton. You are clearly Ivy material. Duke should consider themself lucky to get you. Stop worrying, you're in!

By Drusba (Drusba) on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 10:15 am: Edit

You have a very good chance at all of them. Also, the postcard from Duke is usually a good indicator that at least the intial reviewer has recommended your admission.

By Dwaynehoover (Dwaynehoover) on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 11:45 am: Edit

Good chance at all but not Upenn-- but definitely Duke -- Duke is actually equal quality as Penn but Duke is less selective.

By Kacey9290 (Kacey9290) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 04:45 am: Edit

Thanks all of you for replying. I agree with you Dwaynehoover, I applied to Upenn as a joke :P. My dream college is Duke *gets stars in her eyes*. Actually, I would be delighted if any of those colleges accepted me and gave me enough money to go.......oh well,if only....*goes back to check her mailbox one more time. *

By Pat57575 (Pat57575) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 06:39 pm: Edit

nah, you have an chance at upenn also...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page