The Bottom Line on College Admissions

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: The Bottom Line on College Admissions
By B18c1cx (B18c1cx) on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 08:53 pm: Edit

The bottom line is that most of the colleges/universities we apply to have complete control of our destiny. Most of the schools feel that they are established enough that they DO NOT have to enroll the most impressive student body, but a student body that suits their liking at the time. A decade or two ago, all minorities were judged with the same criteria. Now the "right" thing to do is enroll a diverse student body. Like I was saying, they do not have to enroll the most impressive student body, which explains just about every mystery on this forum. Haveing slightly higher stats with little leadership potential is an obvious disadvantage right now. In my own admissions experience, I have seen lower stats beat out higher stats with a simple charm at an interview or a dedication a certain aspect of your life. I personally believe that higher slightly higher stats are almost irrelevant. As long as you are within the range of SATs, SAT2s, and have a solid grades you stand a just as good a chance just as the next applicant does. The rest of their descision is based on leadership qualities/charm.

Please post what you think since it seems that so many people here strive for that 4.4 gpa/1600sat and are beat out in admissions by a lesser competitor who plays a sport or has a passion.

By Agentx004 (Agentx004) on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 11:27 pm: Edit

you said it!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page