Reasons To Be Rejected

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: Reasons To Be Rejected
By Congocross (Congocross) on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 05:03 pm: Edit

It seems like a mystery to me how certain people with perfect test scores got rejected. Share why you believe you are rejected? Are you overqualified? No enough EC? share you story.

By Chronoshock (Chronoshock) on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 07:49 pm: Edit

The story behind those people is almost always a lack of ECs, or distinguishing characteristics/accomplisments. While it's great to have perfect test scores and a high GPA, colleges will really see a lot of that (especially the Ivies). In order to actually get accepted, the school needs a reason to accept you--something that will separate you from the "common" straight-A student. I kept this in mind when applying, and I sought to separate myself from the stereotypical Asian male. A surprising number of students in my school (at least among my friends) had test scores close to mine (SATI 780v800m SATII 800MIIC 800Chem 760Writing). Good test scores are great and all, but they are far too common for it to be a deciding factor.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page