How many AP's should i take?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: How many AP's should i take?
By Agentx004 (Agentx004) on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 12:55 pm: Edit

AP euro, AP bio, AP english....if i score 5's on all three, will this be better than taking 6 AP's and geting lower scores?

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 01:12 pm: Edit

I don't think you can quantify it that way. Why not take a few more exams--maybe not 6, but 4 or 5 that you can do well on. Do you mean to do this all in one school year? or is this your total number of AP's taken. 3 a year is fine, but you should take more than that total.

By Mzinn (Mzinn) on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 05:06 pm: Edit

I say take 3 or 4, not more. If you want to impress the admissions officers without killing yourself in high school then take some university or community college classes in the summer. From my experience, summer college classes are more fun and alot more relaxed (that might just be because of the intense competition in my high school). Plus, you wont have to worry about the AP test and the credits are more likely to transfer.

By Fish3715 (Fish3715) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 09:15 am: Edit

What year are you? If you are junior or younger, take as many as you think you can do well on. If you're a senior, check with your college to see what exams they acceot credit for AND whether you think you'll score high enough to get the credit.

I'm kind of in the same position you're in. I'vr signed up for all my exams (English Lit, Spanish Language, Chemistry, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Studio Art Portfolio), mainly because I don't know what school I'm going to yet. Once I figure out where I'm going, I'll see what APs that college accepts and what scores I need to get (and if I get credit for those tests, as opposed to just placement).

By Psamtik071 (Psamtik071) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 10:59 pm: Edit

Interesting summer courses for high school students are hard to find. I mean, come on! No Diff Eq, Analytical Mech, Number Theory, Advanced Calc, or Topology?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page