NORTHWESTERN - Anyone Get a Postcard from Admission?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: NORTHWESTERN - Anyone Get a Postcard from Admission?
By Jenniferia (Jenniferia) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 07:05 pm: Edit

I got a handwritten postcard from admissions saying it was a pleasure to read my application. Anyone else get one yet?

By Fish3715 (Fish3715) on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 07:30 pm: Edit

I got one. Mine said:
"Dear XXXX,
I really enjoyed reading your 'why NU' essay. You'll love participating in NAYO & the chamber orchestras. Your dedication to learning inside and outside the classroom is exactly what we're looking for!
Take Care,
Erika"

By Jenniferia (Jenniferia) on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 11:08 pm: Edit

Thanks for your posting. It is sounding more positive. Good luck to us both!

By Fish3715 (Fish3715) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 10:12 am: Edit

Good luck :)

Also, do you know if everyone who is going to be accepted gets a postcard, or is it just select people?

By Mikus (Mikus) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 11:00 am: Edit

Usually it's select people.

By Drusba (Drusba) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 11:23 am: Edit

Postcards go to those the school has on the upper part of their list for admitting and is hoping won't accept somewhere else before receiving official notice.

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 02:33 pm: Edit

I also received a postcard in the mail!!!

It says the following:
"Dear XXXX,
I really enjoyed reading your application. Your ideas were crative and thoughtful. Your mature insights will serve you well in college. Good luck with your senior year!
Take care, Erika."

Is that a good thing???

By Cookie (Cookie) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 02:44 pm: Edit

Good job, Tenisghs. I hope you get in. I haven't heard anything from NYU yet. I hope I get in.

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 02:54 pm: Edit

Sounds like a form letter with blanks for inserting personal details. Anyway, Congratulations! Have a great time at Northwestern.

By Gettingnowhere (Gettingnowhere) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 03:37 pm: Edit

I got a CD about NU's McCormick School of Engineering last week. Did everyone who applied to the school of engineering get this?

By Helpcubed (Helpcubed) on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 05:51 pm: Edit

tenisighs/jenniferia/fish3715: where do you live and on what day did you recieve your postcard? just wondering, because i'm on the West Coast and haven't heard of anyone (myself included) getting the card yet.

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 06:48 pm: Edit

I live in Michigan.

I just received the card on March 15.

By Fish3715 (Fish3715) on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 06:04 pm: Edit

I live in Illinois (South Chicago suburbs); I received the card on Thursday, March 13.

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 09:17 pm: Edit

Hey Fish!

Do you know where Orland Park is? Can you describe the town for me?? I have friends in that suburb.

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 09:42 am: Edit

bump

By Kk02 (Kk02) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 10:31 am: Edit

International students were sent admit letter two weeks before their US counterparts to avoid mail delays. Lucky us.

By Fish3715 (Fish3715) on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 05:38 pm: Edit

Tenisghs-

Orland Park is about a 15-20 (or so) minute drive from where I'm from (I go to Homewood-Flossmoor H.S.). What do you want to know about the town? (I personally think it's a great place to hang out (huge mall, lots of stores and restauranrs, pretty safe)).

By Kk02 (Kk02) on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 03:24 am: Edit

Is Northwestern a good school for engineering?

By Asdf (Asdf) on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 11:40 am: Edit

very good.

By Kk02 (Kk02) on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 01:39 pm: Edit

How do you say NU Engineering is very good? I mean how does it compare to MIT/Cornell/etc?
I've heard that their business program (kellogg) is highly rated. How does it compare to Wharton/Sloan/Haas?

By Bizman (Bizman) on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 02:15 pm: Edit

Wharton has the premiere undergraduate business program in the country, hands down. Kellogg is only a graduate school, but it is probably the best b- grad school in the country.

NU's engineering is very good, but it is definetly not on par with that of MIT, Cornell, CMU.

By Munchymnm (Munchymnm) on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 02:59 pm: Edit

would it be incorrect to say that rejection can be assumed since i did not get the postcard?

By Kk02 (Kk02) on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 05:41 pm: Edit

NU doesnt offer a business program at the UG level (or so I know), however, they do offer a BS/MBA program which I've applied to so its a undergrad-grad program. I dont know my decision to the program yet though!

PS: I got no postcard, but got an admit letter. US decisions arrive on 29/Mar.

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 11:46 pm: Edit

I thought I saw an admissions packet from Northwestern today! Whew! It was a magazine of one of their ethnic newspapers on campus. Northwestern has been sending me a lot of information lately. I hope this is leading to acceptance....

By Kk02 (Kk02) on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 03:54 am: Edit

I applied to NU because I loved the way the did everything in purple. In fact the admit letter resides in an impressive purple folder saying "Welcome" --> VERY creative
(irrelevant, i know)

By Fish3715 (Fish3715) on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 08:14 am: Edit

Munchymnm- What ethnicity are you? I ask because I received my postcard from the Co-Coordinator of African-American recruitement.

Tenisghs- What other information have you got from NU? The only things I've EVER received from Northwestern are:
1) an application
2) Congratulations about my making National Achievement
3) Information about their School of Music (even though my first choice is Weinberg-their Arts & Sciences school)
4) the postcard

No viewbook, no ethnicity newspaper...

By Munchymnm (Munchymnm) on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 10:44 am: Edit

Well, I'm caucasian, so if the postcard only went out to minorities...that's comforting seeing that I did not receive one.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page