MIT RD

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: MIT RD
By Haiyaa (Haiyaa) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 08:27 pm: Edit

When do decisions come out? I heard mid-March (end of this week), but the MIT website says applicants are informed of their admissions April 1.

Sorry if this post is off-topic, but I doubt anyone will see it in the other forums. :\

By Incognito (Incognito) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 08:35 pm: Edit

Haiyaa:

I remember asking you about how you got your great SAT I verbal score a while ago, but I dont think that you saw my post...

As for MIT, If I were you, I would contact them and see what they say.

By Haiyaa (Haiyaa) on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 01:31 am: Edit

Oh, hey! No, I'm afraid I didn't see that post. :\ I didn't really prepare much for the SAT Verbal. I waited until my senior year to take the test, so most of my prep was just... school. Other than that, I leafed through Up Your Score, though I can't say it was that big a help. If you're interested in vocab, I found this site with 5000 words, many of which are "duh" words, some of which are a bit more obscure. http://www.freevocabulary.com/

The morning of the SAT, I got out a copy of 10 Real SATs and did a practice 15-minute critical reading section to get my mind into test-mode. It's not a good idea to wait for your mind to kick in while you're taking the test, you know?

That's basically what I did. Good luck to you, and thanks for replying to my post! :)

By Incognito (Incognito) on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 11:19 pm: Edit

I appreciate the advice, Haiyaa. Good luck to you too. I wish you the best.

By Jgottlieb (Jgottlieb) on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 11:44 pm: Edit

MIT decisions are mailed March 14, and international applicants can check them online on the same day.

By Unicorn (Unicorn) on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 07:02 am: Edit

trns out intnl stdnts can only fnd out on 21st March

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page