RD Acceptance to Wash U - anyone else?!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: RD Acceptance to Wash U - anyone else?!
By Mell (Mell) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 04:56 pm: Edit

Woohoo! I got an acceptance email from Wash U and an invite to some spotlight weekend with free airfare! Anyone else get in and planning on going? They aren't my top choice so I sort of feel bad about wasting their money.

By Mikus (Mikus) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 06:03 pm: Edit

Grats! :)

What time was the E-mail sent?

And what's your last name start with?

By Mell (Mell) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 06:56 pm: Edit

Thanks! It was sent about 11 a.m. and my last name starts with a C. I think the school you applied to might have something to do with it; I applied to Olin for business.

By Fish3715 (Fish3715) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 09:27 pm: Edit

Congratulations!

About them not being your top choice: you may change your mind after you visit. Wash U was barely on my list and it raised to near the top after I visited (my visit was all expenses paid, too).

By Letmein (Letmein) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 09:32 pm: Edit

Is this Wash U in St. Louis?

By Cruelfate (Cruelfate) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 09:34 pm: Edit

yes

By Kk02 (Kk02) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 09:53 pm: Edit

Really? How good is it for an engineering-business double major?
And could the accepted ones kindly list some of their stats.

By Mell (Mell) on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 03:20 pm: Edit

Not sure how good the engineering programs are, but overall they seem really flexible in allowing you to choose, combine, or create majors.

I got in with these stats: SAT 1560, Chem 720, Bio 750, Writing 800, Math 2C 800, but I'm pretty sure that's above their average.

By Fish3715 (Fish3715) on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 07:45 pm: Edit

Mell, what weekend are you invited to? I got into Wash U yesterday and was invited to the Multicultural Weekend.

By Mikus (Mikus) on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 09:03 pm: Edit

Ditto; Are you going?

By Svansviek (Svansviek) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 04:32 am: Edit

"Mell, what weekend are you invited to? I got into Wash U yesterday and was invited to the Multicultural Weekend."
same here. they priority mailed my decision

By Ak123 (Ak123) on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 07:02 pm: Edit

I just got into Washington U. and was invited to the Multicultural Weekend. It seems like something worth going to since its free. Is everyone else going?

By Ak123 (Ak123) on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 07:08 pm: Edit

How was everyone else's stats? I had:
780 M, 690 V. SAT IIs: 800 m2c, 760 writing, 770 biology, 750 chem.

I'm so fired up I got in Washington because when I visited the campus was awesome. The dorms were really sweet too. Where else did you apply Mell? I just got rejected from MIT. Oh well. Kk02 I have applied to engineering and am thinking about a double major in business. I think Wash U. has good programs all around.

By Stxrower (Stxrower) on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 07:50 pm: Edit

Yeah Wash U, I got into the Olin School as well. I think I'll probably be traveling to STL for that weekend in April if I don't get into Cornell. Maybe I'll see you there Mell.

By Mell (Mell) on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 08:09 pm: Edit

Stxrower, I wanted to go to the Olin weekend, especially since it's free, but I didn't sign up right away, and now the site says they're full. Fudge! I applied to Cornell too though, and I got into the hotel school last Thurs., so maybe I'll see you there.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page