Chances as a transfer student...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: Chances as a transfer student...
By Piccolo (Piccolo) on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 01:22 pm: Edit

hello,

I'm a sophmore at SUNY Rockland Community College and i have applied to transfer as junior to the following schools:
Cooper Union- Engineering
Columbia University - Columbia College
New York University
Stevens Institute of Technology

Well i wouldn't even bother applying to those schools but i am part of the honors program at RCC, ( it is called the Mentor-Talented Student Program here are some of the people that graduated before me http://www.sunyrockland.edu/mts/grad97.html) and they do send students out to top tier schools.
Well my high school record was nothing special to say the least but this is my record thus far here at RCC..

I currently have 4.0 GPA and i have going to graduate with 2 degree's, an A.S in Liberal Arts-Mathematics and an A.S. in Liberal Arts- Science. My courses are well-rounded, though to long to list, I have taken every math offered at the school including Ordinary Diferential Equations this semester. I have been part of tennis team last year and i am going to be the captian this year. I also have been the treasurer of the breakdance club and the secretary of the Engineering club. In addition I studied abroad in London for 2 weeks( i took a course in education in britian there) and i also did as internship at a local financial firm. As far as having a job, I tutored both college math at the college and did private turoring for a coupele of high school students in math as well. Finally I volunteered at a mentally diabled camp and also volunteered for several tennis programs all during the summer.

So sorry for the long post but i wanted to give you guys a good idea of my track record. So what do you guys think?

By Piccolo (Piccolo) on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 07:53 pm: Edit

BUMP

By Autodidact (Autodidact) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 10:49 am: Edit

Can a high student with a strong AP, and dual enrollment CC record get a decent shake if they apply as a transfer student to the Ivies? My daughter has (more than) enough credit for CC AA degree if she takes one Dantes test and one online. Given that one Ivy has told us they want the student for four years and won't give any actual credit for AP exams, and we've heard that freshmen get the juiciest, and often renewal, FA packages, we must weigh all options. Any advice from those with experience or in admissions?

By Piccolo (Piccolo) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 01:25 pm: Edit

o btw i am part of phi theta kappa, a honor society for 2 year colleges if that helps..

By Piccolo (Piccolo) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 10:20 pm: Edit

c'mon guys, any suggestions or thoughts?

By Smith (Smith) on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 10:47 am: Edit

I think that you are a strong candidate for all of your choice schools.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page