Chances for a Ivy-Deferral Admit?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: Chances for a Ivy-Deferral Admit?
By Mikus (Mikus) on Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 11:22 pm: Edit

What are the chances of a deferral anyways (Regarding Ivies)?

But I mean, realistically, Many schools seem to defer everyone and their grandmother. (For those that didn't get accepted, obviously. But they seem to reject people sparingly, heh-- with exceptions like Stanford).

So I mean, how often does a deferral student get accepted? Does anyone know someone that went through like that? If so, what were their stats? Or even just the process of reviewing a Deferral?

In light of it all, I know it's difficult to predict since everyone's so vastly different. But does anyone have any insight?

By Bizman (Bizman) on Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 11:39 pm: Edit

It really depends on the school. A school like Wharton, where I was deferred, accepts 10-15% of those deferred. At a school like Columbia, deferrals mean a lot, because there are so few of them (Columbia doesn't play around with apps, they will reject you ED even if you have great stats) At a school like Harvard though, so many students are deferred that the percentage of deferred-acceptances is ridiculously low.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page