WHAT SCHOOLS GIVE THE MOST MONEY?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: WHAT SCHOOLS GIVE THE MOST MONEY?
By Callmecollege (Callmecollege) on Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 10:38 pm: Edit

OR COST THE LEAST (PRIVATE, I MEAN)? basically, which give the most SCHOLARSHIP'S AND OTHER TYPES OF FINAID

By Pisces (Pisces) on Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 10:43 pm: Edit

Most top colleges (Ivies, top LACs, etc) dont give merit scholarships. Everyone who goes there has great grades and test scores, it's sorta not possible. Most of these same schools do, however, meet "100% of your demonstrated financial need." Of course, this is what THEY think you need, not what you might actually require.

By Reject (Reject) on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 01:04 am: Edit

If you cannot afford Princeton University Tuition they give the money to you without having to pay back. They have so much money now that they have cushion to do this

By Barfman (Barfman) on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 08:08 am: Edit

Macalester College gives big scholarships to both US citizens and internationals... usually people only end up paying like 3,000-7,000 with everything included i heard.

By Mrme (Mrme) on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 12:28 pm: Edit

please let macalester give big scholarships... please !! please ! please

By Medusa2003 (Medusa2003) on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 06:22 pm: Edit

Macalester primarly gives need-based scholarships. A National Merit Finalist with an outstanding academic record would most likely only qualify for a $5,000 merit scholarship at Macalester. Those Macalester students who are paying $3,000 - $7,000 most likely received large need-based scholarships. Macalester in their literature promises to meet 100% of need.

I would only count on a big scholarship from Macalester if you have a fairly low EFC ( Expected Family Contribution ).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page