Best POLITICAL schools?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: Best POLITICAL schools?
By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 01:48 am: Edit

Considering both the strength of the poli sci program, and the overall political involvement of the student body, what are some of the best schools for politics? I don't NECESSARILY just mean the most liberal schools.......I was thinking Georgetown or Berkeley........Also, how can I find out how strong an undergrad program in poli sci at any given school is?

By Anathemacipher (Anathemacipher) on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 04:03 am: Edit

For poli sci departments it depends on the speciality. Poli sci is divided into 4 schools of thought:

1. American Government
2. Comparative Politics
3. International Relations
4. Political Theory

It kinda depends from school to school which department is the strongest. Overall Harvard is top then stanford.

For american govt UNC and georgetown is really good, IR - harvard, jhu, and stanford. Comparative - harvard, stanford, berkely, and political theory - harvard, stanford, uiuc.

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 01:07 pm: Edit

columbia is really good too... i think

By Booboo2 (Booboo2) on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 08:24 pm: Edit

which UCs have the best polysci programs? (excluding berkeley and LA)

By Militarygrade (Militarygrade) on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 09:25 pm: Edit

Just because they are Ivies does not make them good at everything.

Claremont McKenna College has probably the greatest Government/PoliSci department in the country. Hands down.

There is a world outside of HYP, you know.

By Dani2914 (Dani2914) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 01:07 pm: Edit

Tufts University in Medford, MASS has an extremely good Intl. Rel. undergraduate program as it houses the prestigious Fletcher graduate school.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page