Got my SAT 2 scores....

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: Got my SAT 2 scores....
By Liz (Liz) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 11:07 pm: Edit

760 Writing and 760 Lit. Which is OK by me I guess. I'll take Math 2C, US hist, and latin in June maybe.

So how does that affect my chances of admission at Yale/Duke(legacy)/UNC(in-state)/Wellesly/Amherst/Swarthmore/some others, I don't know?

1550 SAT 770V, 780M
3.9 GPA, exactly 1 B per year

Not hardest courseload freshman year (took hn earth sci, reg. geometry), but hardest in the following years

Currently taking 3 AP's and 3 Honors courses, will take 5 or 6 AP's next year and 1 or 2 HN.

all-state violist this year and will be next year, honors western regionals two years as well, first chair violist in all-county this year, in a local quartet that me and some of my friends formed that does gigs, local youth symphony.

Marching band all four years, captain of my section next year, (I play baritone)

That's basically it, I have some other random ones like NHS and latin club. What are my chances?

Oh, and could you name some decent schools I could get merit scholarships at? I kind of need the money...

By Incognito (Incognito) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 11:10 pm: Edit

ahh....the 770 verbal score for the SAT I. And then the big question that I aks everyone with a score like this: How did you do it (prepare)?....

By Josh (Josh) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 11:53 pm: Edit

Are you a junior or a senior? I ask because I have applied to Yale and my SAT scores are lower than your's. I'm just trying to see if you are competition j/k. :)

By Liz (Liz) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 09:22 am: Edit

I'm a junior. 770 verbal - um, I just read a lot I guess. My only problem is the analogies though, I missed 3 of those I think. :-P My vocabulary isn't really great, but I didn't feel like memorizing one of those crazy 500 word lists.

By Yourlocalmayor (Yourlocalmayor) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 11:02 am: Edit

you're in at UNC--GO TAR HEELS! You also have a great shot at Duke and Yale b/c of legacy and you're stats are great.

By Liz (Liz) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 05:04 pm: Edit

No, don't have a legacy at Yale, just Duke, sorry for the confusion.

By Congocross (Congocross) on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 09:25 pm: Edit

With that SAT you can get into just about anywhere. Maintian your GPA, write a smashing essay, and you lack impressive EC, try improving on that.

By Liz (Liz) on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 09:37 pm: Edit

Yeah, I'm working on viola but I didn't start til seventh grade and I don't have private lessons or much time for practice :-/ . I actually spend a lot of time with viola, it's my main EC and it may not seem like much but all the practices for school and youth symphony, etc are very time consuming when you add them all together. I'm pretty good, but I'm not gonna be doing National High School Honors Orchestra anytime soon, lol. I was 11th chair all-state last year, so I think a bunch of people would have to die for me to be even remotely considered national material...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page