Wrong school name in teacher rec

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: Wrong school name in teacher rec
By Coolkida54 (Coolkida54) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 10:26 pm: Edit

What would happen if a teacher, who was using the same letter of rec for different schools, accidentally mixed up the school names? How bad is that>

By Yourlocalmayor (Yourlocalmayor) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 10:32 pm: Edit

hehe, that's kinda funny, but not cool at all.

By Wadad (Wadad) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 11:00 am: Edit

I'm sure they see this all the time. I don't think it will make any difference.

By Fender1 (Fender1) on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 12:47 am: Edit

it happens, they know.

By Momx3 (Momx3) on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 01:40 pm: Edit

Don't worry about it. They know and expect that you will apply to more than one college. They understand that the most popular teachers have tons of recommendations to write, so relax. It is what is said about you that is most important.

By Mikus (Mikus) on Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 10:43 pm: Edit

I know someone that had their teacher accidentally send out someone elses recommendation in their envelope.

You think a mismatch school is bad ;)

By Congocross (Congocross) on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 02:29 am: Edit

Coolkid, the damage is done so do not sweat it. :)It is common for teachers to make that error and the admission people know since you can't read the rec. letter you can't do anything. Good Luck

By Kk02 (Kk02) on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 07:47 am: Edit

Most teachers like to write stuff on the letter rather than detailing about you on the form so the letter is more important than the form anyway.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page