Likely letters

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: Likely letters
By Critical (Critical) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 04:17 pm: Edit

Anybody received them? and from where? I haven't received any and didn't know whether that was a really bad sign?

By Themoose07 (Themoose07) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 04:52 pm: Edit

I got one from UNC. Where did you apply?

By Critical (Critical) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 05:45 pm: Edit

I applied to Harvard, Yale, Duke, Middlebury, Colgate, Boston College, Connecticut College, Trinity, and Bowdoin.

By Critical (Critical) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 05:45 pm: Edit

I applied to Harvard, Yale, Duke, Middlebury, Colgate, Boston College, Connecticut College, Trinity, and Bowdoin.

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 06:02 pm: Edit

Critical, what are your stats?

By Critical (Critical) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 06:19 pm: Edit

1460 SAT, 770 V, 630 M
30 ACT
4.0 GPA unweighted
730 Writing, 660- Math IC, 590 Lit- sick that day
Have chronic disease- homeschooled because of it.
No extracurriculars

By Critical (Critical) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 06:22 pm: Edit

I meant 690 M SAT, oops

By Brownuniversity (Brownuniversity) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 06:33 pm: Edit

I got not a likely letter but pretty much a guarantee letter from Yale. its slightly different.

By Critical (Critical) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 06:49 pm: Edit

When? What did it say?

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 06:58 pm: Edit

We applied to 2 of the same schools. I thought about Bowdoin and Colgate, but neither had one of the programs I was looking for. Plus, neither of them sent me applications, so I didn't bother to extend any effort on them.

Oh yeah, I think I've read your post before. You have lupus right? Ummm...if you haven't been well enough to participate throughout high school, then how can you be sure you are well enough to attend a college or university?

By Critical (Critical) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 07:22 pm: Edit

It will more than likely take me more than four years to get through college. I really want to go to college- I love to read, learn history, etc. I really want to take part in discussions. It is going to be a struggle. When I went to visit Yale though, they were very understanding. They said, when I needed to, I could reduce my coarse load and it would be possible to take a semester off. You can do anything you put your mind to- that is what I tell myself.

By Brownuniversity (Brownuniversity) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 08:57 pm: Edit

Critical, the letter I got came about a month ago. It said every once in a while, an admissions officer gets so excited about an application, they ask the yale people to hold a spot for a student right away. so i have been accepted. they only sent 100 out of 16000 applications. if you would like it word for word, i can get it, im too lazy though, its upstairs...:-)

By Themoose07 (Themoose07) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 09:00 pm: Edit

I applied to Yale as well, Critical, and I haven't gotten anything from them yet beyond confirming my application.

I wouldn't worry too much about not getting likely letters, even if a school sends them out, it doesn't mean you won't get in if you don't get one.

Hope to see you at Yale in the fall!

By Anthonyholland (Anthonyholland) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 12:02 am: Edit

Brownuniversity....what are you stats like? Rather, what do you think made your application stand out so much?

By Nyguy (Nyguy) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 08:53 am: Edit

critical, did you get accepted to colgate under their alumni scholarship or whatever. They send those acceptances out a month early

By Brownuniversity (Brownuniversity) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 03:15 pm: Edit

Anthony,

I have very good SAT scores and SAT 2 scores, not an outstanding class rank but the most challenging classes my school offers.

i think they liked my app because i sent them a jar of vaseline, as part of it.

it had to do with my personal essay.

By Heythere (Heythere) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 04:08 pm: Edit

Brown's a bitch she had sex with the admissions officer to get in, I swear.

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 04:16 pm: Edit

Haha...actually, Brown is a male. And he should stay in Glastonbury, CT--or at least off of the boards.

By Heythere (Heythere) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 04:17 pm: Edit

Actually BROWN IS A GIRL---! Do you know her?

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 05:15 pm: Edit

Sorry, based on the name, I figured Brown was male. Either way it doesn't really matter because this person has an enormous amount of negative energy. I seriously doubt that this person is actually going to any Ivies, he/she is just too bitter and vitrolic, which indicates a huge insecurity and manifests itself in the need to denigrate other Ivy hopefuls.

By Incognito (Incognito) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 05:39 pm: Edit

yeah, really. I mean what is up with this "Brownuniversity" clown anyways?

By Incognito (Incognito) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 05:40 pm: Edit

and "Heythere"...how do you know that it is a she?...

By Heythere (Heythere) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 06:15 pm: Edit

because i know her in real life lol

By Brownuniversity (Brownuniversity) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 10:02 pm: Edit

yea he knows me in real life. im the coolest cat around. he can attest.

By Incognito (Incognito) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 10:13 pm: Edit

Well you can stop writing about yourself under different usernames now...

By Heythere (Heythere) on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 10:10 am: Edit

ummm actually i'm different then her...check our email addresses.

By Brownuniversity (Brownuniversity) on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 01:23 pm: Edit

yea shiznithead.

By Incognito (Incognito) on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 01:53 pm: Edit

Brownuniversity...

Just do us a favor and stop posting here. Thank you very much.

By Cruelfate (Cruelfate) on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 11:24 pm: Edit

meow!!!!
sounds like a cat fight to me.... lol

Don't get all worked up guys... you know that 90% of the people here lie about their stats right?
Come on, I have never seen so many 1500's - it is simply impossible. If people would post their real stats this whole thing would be so much better. *sigh*

By Brownuniversity (Brownuniversity) on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 12:27 am: Edit

sweet incognito

take your freakin cripple thumbs and shove them up your butt. thanks.

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 12:33 am: Edit

Wow Brown, that was an extremely delayed insult. Been licking your wounds in private? Or did it just take you that long to come up with such an intelligent remark?

By Brownuniversity (Brownuniversity) on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 12:38 am: Edit

unfortunately, Kalitihaweuyfwerwhatever, every once in a while, I have other things to do with my time than keep checking college confidention discussion boards and looking to •••• heads like you for advice on my future because im better than you and cooler and did i also mention sexier? peace out homeslice.

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 01:08 am: Edit

Well, I'm glad you're so much sexier. That will serve you well when you have to f#ck your professors just to pass a class. And you obviously are really insecure about something or you wouldn't continue to bring up old posts and chase people across the boards to insult them. You also wouldn't reference looks or "coolness" when proving your self-worth. Good luck at Brown, dear. And after you're expelled for sexual relations with professors and/or harassment, you can talk to me about who's better while you pump my gas.

By Incognito (Incognito) on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 01:49 pm: Edit

To "Brownuniversity"...

"take your freakin cripple thumbs and shove them up your butt. thanks."
>>I didnt use thumb in the plural. My right thumb is the problem, and certainly not your problem at that.

"Kalitihaweuyfwerwhatever"
>>Um....no.

"...every once in a while, I have other things to do with my time than keep checking college confidention discussion boards..."
>>Yeah, I would imagine that looking for a school that would actually even consider accepting you would be rather time-consuming.

"...and looking to heads like you for advice on my future..."
>>Kalitha has given sound and legit advice. Find a single time that she has not. She gives much more advice than you ever do. Actually, you seem as though you need as much advice as you can possibly get.

"im better than you and cooler and did i also mention sexier?"
>>Think about what you just said and its implications about the type of person that you are. Then get back to me.

A final note:
Listen to me, Brownuniv. Just hear me out. I sympathize with you. It is very upsetting to see that you are insecure to the extent that you feel compelled to make such ignorant remarks and insult others over the internet while maintaining your own (supposed) anonymity (actually, you may not be as anonymous as you may think. Nobody on the internet can stay anonymous after transcending certain boundaries. There are always methods of tracking down who people are...including myself). I understand that you must be going through a lot. In a sense, we are all in the same boat. But this is not the place through which you should funnel your delicate insecurities. If you have a problem, then it is not our fault. Keep your blind ignorance and irrational cruelty to yourself, and stop throwing them in our faces here on the forums. Thank you.

By Cruelfate (Cruelfate) on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 05:14 pm: Edit

*applauds*

By Dxiw (Dxiw) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 01:57 am: Edit

*applauds*

By Wisconsinguy (Wisconsinguy) on Monday, March 10, 2003 - 07:19 am: Edit

I got an early letter from Carleton, saying that they decided to admit me early.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page