This might sound stupid... and it is!!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: This might sound stupid... and it is!!!!
By Geezy (Geezy) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 06:43 am: Edit

on the MIT website, its given that the admission decision will be given in the third week of march ............ could somenone please tell me whether it is 9th mar or 16th march that the results will be ........ I am really confused and stupid enough to ask this question, but please understand my desperation and I couldnt help it

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 11:52 am: Edit

The third week would be more like the 21st of March...ie, 3 weeks in.

By Geezy (Geezy) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 03:42 am: Edit

bump

By Timepass (Timepass) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 07:27 am: Edit

obviously,if it's the third week,it has to be sometime beginning from the 21st.
I couldn't have agreed with you more on the topic.

But that aside,I'd like to what is it that makes you think it's the 9th or 16th.
curious,that's all.

By Geezy (Geezy) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 08:23 am: Edit

because 1 to 2 march is the first week, then 3 to 8 the second week, then third week starts with 9th march .......... as the results gonna be out in the third week I thought so ....

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 03:45 pm: Edit

third week is like after 2 weeks i think, so it's probably not 21, more like 10-15

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 03:53 pm: Edit

but they'd think in like days not weeks, so i think it's more like 15. They're wrong cuz third week is after 2 weeks. it's just like a box of beer starts with the twenty-first bottle and not the twentieth (i lived in russian for a couple of years - i know the analogies)

By Lgc (Lgc) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 09:10 pm: Edit

MIT will mail decisions on March 14. No sooner, no later. Int'l students will be able to see their decisions online on the same day. HTH

By Sabzevarian (Sabzevarian) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 09:37 pm: Edit

where did you get taht date lgc?

By Sabzevarian (Sabzevarian) on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 01:33 am: Edit

b

By Wanksta33 (Wanksta33) on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 05:54 pm: Edit

Everywhere I'm looking says April 1, including the MIT website...

By Jgottlieb (Jgottlieb) on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 06:33 pm: Edit

This site seems to agree with Lgc's info: http://web.mit.edu/admissions/www/educoun/html/resources/resources_news_07.html

By Sabzevarian (Sabzevarian) on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 03:26 am: Edit

lol do you think it will be up around 12:00 am on the 14th (like the sat is sometimes) or just during the day of the 14th?

By Timepass (Timepass) on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 04:24 am: Edit

I'll take my words back,Geezy I think it was good reasoning.

By Geezy (Geezy) on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 05:03 am: Edit

thank you ............... and thats the reason I am applying to MIT

By Sabzevarian (Sabzevarian) on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 08:31 pm: Edit

Hmm, it is the 21'st for checking online=/

By Geezy (Geezy) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 10:58 am: Edit

what about COrnell- when are they gonna anounce the results - is it gonna b available online to internaiotnal students like for MIT

By Dferraro (Dferraro) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 01:48 pm: Edit

If you cant do basic multiplication, I doubt you are getting into MIT -- I mean that has got to be the dumbest post I have ever read--

I suggest you pick up an instrument or read some literature-- try a different school.

lol: "I'm so confused!! Is the third week of March , march 6???"
HAHAHHAHAA!!!!

By Dferraro (Dferraro) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 01:51 pm: Edit

Also if you are persistent enough to seek out a College forum to find out the date, WHY NOT JUST LOOK ON MIT WEBSITE YOU STUPID MORON!!! God damn, no sense in these idiots these days -- they brag and brag about some standardized test and easy ass AP classes at a simian, public school and they cant even use basic reasoning.

GO TO HELL!!

By Mitacceptee (Mitacceptee) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 02:42 pm: Edit

word

By Incognito (Incognito) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 09:43 pm: Edit

Dear "Dferraro"
Thanx for the info. I feel so enlightened now. Now get out and stay out of the forums. Thnx!

By Tuannguyen (Tuannguyen) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 11:57 pm: Edit

Dferraro, you must have a lot of time on your hands... Arrogant comments take a while to type, especially considering the impact it has at the end. Which is zip.

By Bakery (Bakery) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 02:59 am: Edit

http://web.mit.edu/admissions/www/undergrad/freshman/decision.html

Freshman Admission Decisions

Freshman admission decision letters will be mailed on Friday, March 14, 2003.

Please note that we do not send admission decisions by email.

Beginning March 21, 2003, we will give admission decisions over the telephone to applicants only; call 617-258-5515.

Applicants living abroad Beginning March 21, 2003, your admission decision will be posted on the Application Tracking System.

Applicants living in the US Your admission decision will not be posted on the Application Tracking System. Please call if you do not receive your decision letter by March 21.

SO THERE YOU GO EVERYONE :) BE PATIENT!!!

By Geezy (Geezy) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 10:15 am: Edit

wat abautt Carnail? ......... r they gonna giv da desishans vonlyn? ........ ivin far internashnal studens

By Cruelfate (Cruelfate) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 10:18 am: Edit

I think so...

By Creatorcat (Creatorcat) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 03:27 pm: Edit

"By Geezy (Geezy) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 -

because 1 to 2 march is the first week, then 3 to 8 the second week, then third week starts with 9th march .......... as the results gonna be out in the third week I thought so .... "

I sincerely believe a week lasts for 7 days, and includes whichever 7 days. Moreover, I'm pretty sure a week does not necessarily mean "UNTIL SUNDAY", as you seem to think.
No offence, honey, but if you can't use common sense, you really are desperate.

By Creatorcat (Creatorcat) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 03:34 pm: Edit

oh, and by the way, all the best of luck with MIT

By Geezy (Geezy) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 04:40 am: Edit

fuckingcat get the ••••. outta here .....

will someonesay when will the international's receive their acppetances or rejection from cornell

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page