Rate my EC's

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: Rate my EC's
By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 03:25 am: Edit

I have pretty standard stats (1460 SAT; average of 720 for SAT II's, 4.3 GPA) so I'm counting on my EC's to help my out at places like Georgetown. Here they are:

-Speech and debate team president (finalist in national qualifying, several wins)
-Varsity golf
-Page in US House of Reps (3 weeks in summer)
-Intern for state senator
-Student Gov
-News editor for school paper
-National Student Leadership Conference

That's about it....how do they look for Gtown? Average?

By Thedad (Thedad) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 11:06 am: Edit

Average or maybe just a little better, I'm a thinking.

And that's what's scary/depressing about this whole process.

Good luck.

By Nymom (Nymom) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 11:22 am: Edit

Excellent. Congressional page is heavy duty, as is internship for state senator. GT will love it -- make sure you have rec letters from your supervisors! You have a very focused package of ECs, which shows passion & dedication. And you've got leadership as well. Let us know how you do.

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 11:30 am: Edit

Well, I couldn't exactly get a rec from my "supervisor" in the page program, because we didn't really work that closely with him (because there were like 70 of us). He probably doesn't even know my name.

By Nymom (Nymom) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 11:38 am: Edit

Too bad -- for everyone else out there -- make sure you ask for a rec before you leave -- this will at least assure that your supervisor knows who are are! Well, do you have a rec from the senator's office? More importantly, did you talk about your experiences in your essay?

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 09:48 pm: Edit

My essay was centered around a passion for politics, and I included in it the page thing, internship, debate, blah blah. Actually, i think I might have made the essay a little bland because I was basically relisting my big EC's and talking a little about them.

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 10:10 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page