Was my interview too short?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: March 2003 Archive: Was my interview too short?
By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 11:55 pm: Edit

My Yale interview was at the alumnus' home. It lasted an hour and a half. Was it too short? Also, my interviewer mostly talked, sometimes, he wouldn't let me talk. I think it went okay, but I didn't feel the same rapport that I did with my Vassar interviewer.

By Cityguy2oo3 (Cityguy2oo3) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 12:06 am: Edit

an hour and a half sounds like a lot to me. but i wouldnt know cuz i dont have anything to compare it to.

By Calischolar (Calischolar) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 12:06 am: Edit

you are retarded.

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 12:07 am: Edit

okay, thanks for your opinion

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 12:08 am: Edit

Excuse me? How am I retarded?

By Calischolar (Calischolar) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 12:17 am: Edit

im not even going to justify that with an answer

By Subjecttochange (Subjecttochange) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 12:22 am: Edit

Kali, I can tell you for sure that you will be rejected from Yale from my vast experience with cases like you.

Sorry, man.

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 12:25 am: Edit

Well, thanks for your input. I'll chose not to listen to your advice, as 1) I'm not a man and 2)you know nothing about my case.

By Incognito (Incognito) on Monday, March 03, 2003 - 12:28 am: Edit

Subjecttochange,

Did you read my post to you under the SAT forum yet or not?...

By Wembleyfraggle7 (Wembleyfraggle7) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 11:19 pm: Edit

Kalitiha,
The interviewer usually knows within minutes if they like you or not, you can't judge their opinion of you by the amount of time it takes for the interview.
i.e. - My interview for Wellesley lasted only 30 minutes, and the last thing she said to me was "I will be sending in my recommendation this evening, and I can assure you that if I have anything to say about it, you'll be enrolling in my alma mater this fall."
All you can do is put your best side forward and hope they love you...and if they don't, do you really want to spend 4 years of your life there anyway?

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 11:49 pm: Edit

I applied to Wellesley too. Did you get in, are you going? If you're already a student, what has your experience been like?

By Wembleyfraggle7 (Wembleyfraggle7) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 11:15 am: Edit

Notification doesn't start until April, so I'm just kind of sitting around...a little bit nervous, because Wellesley is one of my top choices. I applied to the Davis program, though, so I don't think there's as much competition as there is for regular undergrad. Good luck to you, and let me know what happens :-)

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 11:30 am: Edit

It's not one of my top choices, because I'd rather go coed. But, it is my first choice for an all-girls school. The education available is fabulous. Maybe I'll see you on Campus next year.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page